- Created on Friday, 06 December 2013 04:12
Christian Szymczak emerged as the 2013 Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion following the closest points battle in series history. (Myles Regan photo)
The SCCA Pro Racing Mazda MX-5 Cup has announced its calendar for the upcoming year. The campaign will total 12 races over six events. Each event will be a doubleheader, consisting of two separately scored races.
As in years past, the series will be taking part in some of the most noteworthy racing weekends in North America. The season will be bookended by two marquee races, opening the season in support of the 62nd Annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring fueled by Fresh from Florida and closing the season at Road Atlanta as part of the Petit Le Mans.
Video: The GT Issue
- Deep field, storylines as Pirelli World Challenge heads for Mid-Ohio all-class double-header
- F1: Caterham takes action against ex-staff
- F1: Raikkonen sees "light at the end of the tunnel"
- Nico Rosberg explains his side of Hungary debate
- F1: Horner backs Hamilton over team orders debate
- F1: McLaren to make strategy changes
- F1: Wolff says team orders difficult to judge
- "Mecum Dealmakers" debuts Thursday on NBCSN
- Motopark set for Euro F3 return
- IndyCar: To win the championship I must…
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Verizon IndyCar Series: News and views from Robin Miller and Marshall Pruett.
THIS MONTH IN RACER
|•||How GT3 cars came to Pirelli World Challenge
|•||TUDOR's GTD dynasty
|•||Inside Corvette's Le Mans challenge
|•||Bentley GT3 In Focus & much more
|Watch The GT Issue video|