Nine drivers have had their times disallowed from yesterday's World Touring Car qualifying session at Pau, including pole-sitter Andy Priaulx.
The championship's governing body, the FIA, requested that race stewards investigate the maximum engine revs used by each car in the session. Priaulx, Yvan Muller, Tom Coronel, Rob Huff, Alain Menu, Nicola Larini, Sergio Hernandez, Felix Porteiro and Stefano D'Aste were all found to have exceeded the limit.
The seven of those nine drivers that made it through to Q2 had their times from that segment of qualifying taken away, but have been allowed to count times from Q1. Muller and D'Aste, who didn't make it to Q2, just had their best laps from Q1 disallowed.
The revised grid has Augusto Farfus and Jorg Muller on the front row, Franz Engstler and Rob Huff on the second, and Andy Priaulx and Tom Coronel on the third.
Pos Driver Car Q1 Q2
1. Augusto Farfus BMW 1:23.201 1:22.473
2. Jorg Muller BMW 1:22.960 1:23.051
3. Franz Engstler BMW 1:23.625 1:24.442
4. Rob Huff Chevrolet 1:22.900 time disallowed
5. Andy Priaulx BMW 1:22.942 time disallowed
6. Tom Coronel SEAT 1:23.375 time disallowed
7. Nicola Larini Chevrolet 1:23.425 time disallowed
8. Alain Menu Chevrolet 1:23.516 time disallowed
9. Felix Porteiro BMW 1:23.577 time disallowed
10. Sergio Hernandez BMW 1:23.768 time disallowed
11. Alex Zanardi BMW 1:23.806
12. Marin Colak SEAT 1:23.815
13. Mehdi Bennani SEAT 1:23.929
14. Rickard Rydell SEAT 1:24.118
15. Stefano D'Aste BMW 1:24.196
16. Jordi Gene SEAT 1:24.284
17. Gabriele Tarquini SEAT 1:24.506
18. Laurent Cazenave BMW 1:24.621
19. Eric Cayrolle SEAT 1:24.742
20. Tiago Monteiro SEAT 1:24.874
21. Yvan Muller SEAT 1:24.894
22. Jaap van Lagen Lada 1:24.925
23. Kristian Poulsen BMW 1:25.280
24. Tom Boardman SEAT 1:25.299
25. Kirill Ladygin Lada 1:25.457
26. Viktor Shapovalov Lada 1:26.054