BMW's Marco Wittmann topped the opening day of the DTM's final pre-season test at Hockenheim on Tuesday.
The DTM rookie, who is stepping up to a race seat with the new MTEK squad after spending 2012 as the manufacturer's test and reserve driver, set the pace in a dry morning session in 1m33.023s.
Wittmann was driving MTEK teammate Timo Glock's car for the day. His time, which was set on the Hankook option tires that will be introduced this year, was 0.414sec faster than that managed by BMW stablemate Martin Tomczyk in an RMG-run M3.
Former champion Gary Paffett was the best of the Mercedes drivers in third for HWA while Schnitzer's Dirk Werner and RBM's Augusto Farfus made it four BMWs in the top five.
Farfus and Werner were the fastest drivers in a wet afternoon session, although the best time set after the lunchbreak was around 15 seconds slower than those set in the dry.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap
1. Marco Wittmann MTEK BMW 1m33.023s
2. Martin Tomczyk RMG BMW 1m33.437s + 0.414s
3. Gary Paffett HWA Mercedes 1m33.890s + 0.867s
4. Dirk Werner Schnitzer BMW 1m33.344s + 1.321s
5. Augusto Farfus RBM BMW 1m34.694s + 1.671s
6. Daniel Juncadella RSC Mucke Mercedes 1m34.752s + 1.729s
7. Mike Rockenfeller Phoenix Audi 1m34.805s + 1.782s
8. Roberto Merhi HWA Mercedes 1m34.865s + 1.842s
9. Filipe Albuquerque Rosberg Audi 1m34.926s + 1.903s
10. Jamie Green Abt Audi 1m35.064s + 2.041s
11. Mattias Ekstrom Abt Audi 1m35.270s + 2.247s