BMW driver Marco Wittmann topped DTM testing at Hockenheim for a second day running on Wednesday.
The 23-year-old German, who is stepping up to a race seat with the new MTEK team this year, followed up his table-topping time on Tuesday with an even faster 1m33.227s lap that edged out Miguel Molina's Phoenix Audi by 0.015 second.
His best lap, once again set in teammate Timo Glock's M3, was fractionally slower than he managed on the first day.
Martin Tomczyk, the 2011 DTM champion, made it two BMWs in the top three while Edoardo Mortara and Adrien Tambay were next up for the Rosberg and Abt Audi teams, respectively.
Gary Paffett was the fastest driver in the morning in his HWA Mercedes and the only man to dip under the 1m35s barrier. He completed just 21 of his 74 laps during the afternoon though and slipped to ninth overall.
The four-day test continues on Thursday.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap
1. Marco Wittmann MTEK BMW 1m33.227s
2. Mike Rockenfeller Phoenix Audi 1m33.242s + 0.015s
3. Martin Tomczyk RMG BMW 1m33.524s + 0.297s
4. Edoardo Mortara Rosberg Audi 1m33.678s + 0.451s
5. Adrien Tambay Abt Audi 1m33.846s + 0.619s
6. Dirk Werner Schnitzer BMW 1m33.891s + 0.664s
7. Timo Scheider Abt Audi 1m34.135s + 0.908s
8. Daniel Juncadella RSC Mucke Mercedes 1m34.284s + 1.057s
9. Gary Paffett HWA Mercedes 1m34.549s + 1.322s
10. Roberto Merhi HWA Mercedes 1m34.774s + 1.547s
11. Joey Hand RBM BMW 1m34.878s + 1.651s