Marco Wittmann led Pascal Wehrlein in a rookie 1-2 on the final day of the DTM's official pre-season test at Barcelona.
Wittmann, who steps up to the MTEK BMW team this year after a year as the manufacturer's test and reserve driver, lapped in 1m06.451s to beat Mercedes driver Wehrlein by 0.236 second. His lap was among the fastest set across the four days in Spain, but still trailed Gary Paffett's Wednesday mark by over three tenths of a second.
"I was really looking forward to the test here at Barcelona. After all, it was my first outing with my new car," said Wittmann.
"I felt really comfortable in the car, and the relationship with BMW Team MTEK is already very good. It's important for us to get used to each another and optimise the work flow to make sure we will be in the best possible shape for the season opener. And today was a good step on the way to achieving this goal."
Christian Vietoris was third fastest for Mercedes with the Audis of Timo Scheider and Miguel Molina, and Roberto Merhi's Mercedes completing the top six.
The four-day test included extensive lapping on Hankook's new option tire, which is likely to be introduced into the series this year.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap Laps
1. Marco Wittmann BMW 1m06.451s 220
2. Pascal Wehrlein Mercedes 1m06.687s + 0.236s 165
3. Christian Vietoris Mercedes 1m06.706s + 0.255s 138
4. Timo Scheider Audi 1m06.844s + 0.393s 181
5. Miguel Molina Audi 1m07.112s + 0.661s 155
6. Roberto Merhi Mercedes 1m07.200s + 0.749s 174
7. Mattias Ekstrom Audi 1m07.354s + 0.903s 149
8. Edoardo Mortara Audi 1m07.439s + 0.988s 123
9. Joey Hand BMW 1m07.537s + 1.086s 187
10. Andy Priaulx BMW 1m07.839s + 1.388s 171
11. Dirk Werner BMW 1m08.099s + 1.648s 178