Ford Performance Racing's Mark Winterbottom took pole position for the first race of this weekend's Nikon SuperGP at Surfers Paradise in this morning's shootout.
Winterbottom was the only driver to set a time in the 1m50s bracket as he took a comfortable pole position, nearly three-tenths of a second faster than HRT's Garth Tander who jumped from fifth to second in the shootout.
The second row sees a similar pattern, Team Vodafone's Jamie Whincup dropping one place from his position before the shootout while Fujitsu Racing's Jason Bright put in a superb lap to jump up from ninth to fourth.
Will Davison was fifth-fastest in his HRT Commodore, just ahead of Paul Dumbrell and the second Team Vodafone car of Craig Lowndes. Winterbottom's team-mate Steven Richards will line up eighth after a mistake early in the lap put an end to any hopes of a start near the very front.
However, he ended up better off than two other runners, Jim Beam's James Courtney ending up in the tyre barriers at turn two, while Russell Ingall cut the chicane around the back of the circuit after going in too deep under brakes and lost his lap time for doing so, and will start tenth.
Pos Driver Car Time
1. Mark Winterbottom Ford Falcon FG 1:50.9325
2. Garth Tander Holden Commodore VE 1:51.2265 + 0.2940
3. Jamie Whincup Ford Falcon FG 1:51.4058 + 0.4733
4. Jason Bright Ford Falcon FG 1:51.5550 + 0.6225
5. Will Davison Holden Commodore VE 1:51.6711 + 0.7386
6. Paul Dumbrell Holden Commodore VE 1:51.7666 + 0.8341
7. Craig Lowndes Ford Falcon FG 1:51.8405 + 0.9080
8. Steven Richards Ford Falcon FG 1:52.6938 + 1.7613
9. James Courtney Ford Falcon FG 4:17.6760 + 2:26.7435
10. Russell Ingall Holden Commodore VE
11. Lee Holdsworth Holden Commodore VE 1:49.9769 - 0.9556
12. Greg Murphy Holden Commodore VE 1:50.0343 - 0.8982
13. Jason Richards Holden Commodore VE 1:50.1165 - 0.8160
14. Todd Kelly Holden Commodore VE 1:50.1569 - 0.7756
15. Jason Bargwanna Holden Commodore VE 1:50.3311 - 0.6014
16. Rick Kelly Holden Commodore VE 1:50.3497 - 0.5828
17. Fabian Coulthard Ford Falcon FG 1:50.3770 - 0.5555
18. Shane Van Gisbergen Ford Falcon FG 1:50.4474 - 0.4851
19. Steven Johnson Ford Falcon FG 1:50.4558 - 0.4767
20. David Reynolds Holden Commodore VE 1:50.7162 - 0.2163
21. Cameron McConville Holden Commodore VE 1:50.7488 - 0.1837
22. Jack Perkins Holden Commodore VE 1:50.7819 - 0.1506
23. Tony D'Alberto Holden Commodore VE 1:50.8088 - 0.1237
24. Alex Davison Ford Falcon FG 1:50.8323 - 0.1002
25. Michael Caruso Holden Commodore VE 1:51.1242 + 0.1917
26. Tim Slade Holden Commodore VE 1:51.2451 + 0.3126
27. Michael Patrizi Ford Falcon BF 1:51.2679 + 0.3354
28. Dean Fiore Holden Commodore VE 1:51.7650 + 0.8325
29. Mark McNally Holden Commodore VE 1:53.2264 + 2.2939