Kris Meeke and Guy Wilks are continuing their see-saw battle for victory in the Rally of Scotland.
Intercontinental Rally Challenge champion Meeke beat Wilks by 7.1 seconds on Errochty, the first stage after the mid-morning service, and extended his lead to 11sec.
But as the rain came down even harder on the next stage, Drummond Hill, Wilks mounted a charge and got Meeke's lead back down to 5.6sec heading for the next service break and the day's final stage. Their pace has taken the leading Peugeot and Skoda just over a minute clear of third placed Alister McRae's Proton.
British champion Keith Cronin continued at the tail of the field having lost 45 minutes with a trip off the road this morning but stopped again on Drummond Hill, while Meeke's team-mate Adam Gould had to retire due to an overheating engine before the start of SS5.
Leading positions after SS6:
Pos Driver Car Time/Gap
1. Kris Meeke Peugeot 45m14.3s
2. Guy Wilks Skoda + 5.6s
3. Alister McRae Proton + 1m03.1s
4. Dave Weston Jr Subaru + 2m49.9s
5. Jonathan Greer Mitsubishi + 3m02.4s
6. David Bogie Mitsubishi + 3m06.0s
7. Jock Armstrong Subaru + 3m44.6s
8. Daniel Siguroarson Mitsubishi + 3m58.5s
9. Alastair Fisher Mitsubishi + 5m31.4s
10. Eamonn Boland Mitsubishi + 6m15.3s