Despite missing the majority of the session due to traffic delays on his journey into the circuit, Robert Wickens secured his second Formula Renault 3.5 pole position of the weekend at Silverstone this morning.
The Carlin racer, who won Saturday's opening race, did not register a competitive lap until two thirds of the way into Sunday's half-hour qualifying session, when he posted the seventh fastest time on old tires.
Wickens bumped Alexander Rossi (Fortec) off the top of the times with three minutes left on the clocks before lowering his benchmark with a last ditch effort to 1m45.379s.
After a relatively subdued start to his morning, Wickens' Carlin team-mate Jean-Eric Vergne took second, almost three tenths adrift of Wickens' pole effort.
Frenchman Nathanael Berthon out-qualified his highly-rated ISR team-mate Daniel Ricciardo to lead the second row for ISR.
HRT Formula 1 driver Ricciardo edged out Spaniard Alberto Costa (EPIC Racing) by 0.06s. As on Saturday, Costa had led the session at the halfway mark.
Race one podium finisher Rossi completed the top six, ahead of Gravity-Charouz racer Brendon Hartley and reigning Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup champion Kevin Korjus (Tech 1). Estonian Korjus moved himself into seventh from outside the top 10 on his final lap.
Sergio Canamasas brought out a full course yellow with an early off at Turn 4. The Spaniard's BVM Target car received a bent front wing in the incident. Although Canamasas was towed out of the gravel, he was unable to rejoin the action and lost his fastest lap for causing the interruption.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Robert Wickens Carlin 1m45.379s
2. Jean-Eric Vergne Carlin 1m45.660s + 0.281s
3. Nathanael Berthon ISR 1m45.704s + 0.325s
4. Daniel Ricciardo ISR 1m45.910s + 0.531s
5. Albert Costa EPIC 1m45.970s + 0.591s
6. Alexander Rossi Fortec 1m45.983s + 0.604s
7. Brendon Hartley Gravity-Charouz 1m46.073s + 0.694s
8. Kevin Korjus Tech 1 1m46.100s + 0.721s
9. Jake Rosenzweig Mofaz 1m46.197s + 0.818s
10. Cesar Ramos Fortec 1m46.226s + 0.847s
11. Jan Charouz Gravity-Charouz 1m46.237s + 0.858s
12. Walter Grubmüller P1 1m46.277s + 0.898s
13. Oliver Webb Pons 1m46.355s + 0.976s
14. Daniel Zampieri BVM Target 1m46.463s + 1.084s
15. Nick Yelloly Pons 1m46.469s + 1.090s
16. Sten Pentus EPIC 1m46.683s + 1.304s
17. Anton Nebylitskiy KMP 1m46.692s + 1.313s
18. Andre Negrao Draco 1m46.808s + 1.429s
19. Daniil Move P1 1m46.836s + 1.457s
20. Daniel McKenzie Comtec 1m46.843s + 1.464s
21. Nelson Panciatici KMP 1m46.871s + 1.492s
22. Fairuz Fauzy Mofaz 1m46.877s + 1.498s
23. Arthur Pic Tech 1 1m47.133s + 1.754s
24. Daniel de Jong Comtec 1m47.296s + 1.917s
25. Stephane Richelmi Draco 1m47.640s + 2.261s
26. Sergio Canamasas BVM Target 1m55.908s + 10.529s