RACER: Allan McNish on his favorite track, epic F1 crash
Scotland’s Allan McNish was the most feared sports car driver of his generation, had an all-too brief stint in Formula 1, and despite three overall wins at the illustrious 24 Hours of Le Mans, he reckons a track he visited during his F1 days was the most daunting circuit he’s ever driven.
His opinion on its ferocity was gained after surviving one of the biggest F1 wrecks in recent memory, leading to his conclusion about its manly disposition and the stresses it placed on his own manly region….
Enjoy this discussion from the recent Rolex Monterey Reunion.
Subscribe to Racer
- More garages and 60 cars for Le Mans 2016
- Schneider joins Blancpain Sprint field
- MILLER: Montoya – the same only different
- F1: Williams has work to do, Smedley says
- MotoGP: Qatar battle one of my best, Rossi says
- IndyCar St. Petersburg 2015 race highlights
- NASCAR revises superspeedway qualifying
- Yelloly gets Hilmer GP2 test seat
- F1: Wolff admits Vettel win a "wake-up call"
- IndyCar: Montoya cites new-found confidence
- F1: Alonso says McLaren pace a "nice surprise"
- F1: Boss warns Ferrari to stay realistic
- WEC: SMP's new LMP2 car makes debut
- F1: Bottas laments his "worst first lap"
- WEC: Strakka content ahead of LMP2 return
- GALLERY: St. Petersburg IndyCar race day
- RACER: St. Pete IndyCar podium with Montoya, Power and Kanaan
- NHRA: Beckman, Brown, Hines and Morgan claim 4-wide wins at Charlotte
- IndyCar: Montoya grabs St. Petersburg victory
- NASCAR: Hamlin holds off Keselowski for Martinsville win
Video: The Heroes IV Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.