RACER: Allan McNish on his favorite track, epic F1 crash
Scotland’s Allan McNish was the most feared sports car driver of his generation, had an all-too brief stint in Formula 1, and despite three overall wins at the illustrious 24 Hours of Le Mans, he reckons a track he visited during his F1 days was the most daunting circuit he’s ever driven.
His opinion on its ferocity was gained after surviving one of the biggest F1 wrecks in recent memory, leading to his conclusion about its manly disposition and the stresses it placed on his own manly region….
Enjoy this discussion from the recent Rolex Monterey Reunion.
Subscribe to Racer
- DTM challenges F1 superlicence rules
- IMSA: Sebring entry list announced
- IndyCar: Primary sponsor for Hinchcliffe's SPM entry announced
- F1: Hamilton keen for multi-team fight
- F1: No firm timeline for Manor's 2015 car
- DTM: ART completes first Mercedes test
- WEC: Audi introduces new technical director
- RACER VIDEO: Audi P1 testing at Sebring 2015
- WEC: 2015 Audi R18 breaks cover at Sebring
- Stockinger moves from FR3.5 to GP2
- GALLERY: Audi, Nissan, HPD Sebring testing
- RACER: Allan McNish on retirement, America
- Quaker State backs Hyundai in Mexico
- We remember: Jim Clark
- 2015 Geneva motor show report: Ferrari 488 GTB and more
Video: The Champions Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.