RACER: Allan McNish on his favorite track, epic F1 crash
Scotland’s Allan McNish was the most feared sports car driver of his generation, had an all-too brief stint in Formula 1, and despite three overall wins at the illustrious 24 Hours of Le Mans, he reckons a track he visited during his F1 days was the most daunting circuit he’s ever driven.
His opinion on its ferocity was gained after surviving one of the biggest F1 wrecks in recent memory, leading to his conclusion about its manly disposition and the stresses it placed on his own manly region….
Enjoy this discussion from the recent Rolex Monterey Reunion.
Subscribe to Racer
- IHRA: Turner: ‘Let out the clutch and hold on’
- XFINITY: Tifft out with a brain tumor
- INDYCAR: Negrao hopes for early graduation
- TV Ratings: Sonoma NASCAR, Road America IndyCar
- IMSA: Series considering Pro-Am subclass
- UPDATED: Boston GP refund plan being reviewed
- IHRA: For Turner, Grand Bend all about surviving
- Racing on TV, June 30-July 3
- NASCAR: Series alters bad weather qualifying
- MRTI: 2017 prototype tests at Road America
- F1: Silverstone key test of Force India surge
- 'Velocity 2017 Can-Am Calendar' brings no-rules racing to life
- FE: Team Aguri to quit after London finale
- F1: Brazilian GP denies 2016 could be final year
- HSR: Classic 12 Hours of Sebring set for Dec. 1-4
The RACER Poll
- Votes: (0%)
- Votes: (0%)
Video: The Great Teams III Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Great Race Day 9 with Andy Bell.
See more than 50 On Board videos.