RACER: Allan McNish on his favorite track, epic F1 crash
Scotland’s Allan McNish was the most feared sports car driver of his generation, had an all-too brief stint in Formula 1, and despite three overall wins at the illustrious 24 Hours of Le Mans, he reckons a track he visited during his F1 days was the most daunting circuit he’s ever driven.
His opinion on its ferocity was gained after surviving one of the biggest F1 wrecks in recent memory, leading to his conclusion about its manly disposition and the stresses it placed on his own manly region….
Enjoy this discussion from the recent Rolex Monterey Reunion.
Subscribe to Racer
- INDYCAR: Hinchcliffe, SPM penalized for domed skid violation
- In RACER Magazine: The British are Coming!
- INDYCAR: 'We're still in the game,' Kanaan says
- IMSA: Keating confirms lack of confirmed plans
- INDYCAR: Rossi considers Andretti-Herta extension
- MOTOGP: Crutchlow still chasing one-lap gains
- HISTORICS: Late addition, booki signing schedule set for Lime Rock Historic Festival 34
- F1: Magnussen to use spare chassis at Monza
- IHRA: 63rd Annual World Series in the books
- F1: Pirelli calls for 'pragmatism' from drivers
- HPD Trackside - IndyCar Firestone 600
- IHRA sponsor profile: JR Race Car
- USF2000: Dutch teen Rinus VK joins Carlin for '17
- F1: Fans don't care about high-tech PUs - Hamilton
- WEC: Audi solves Nurburgring pace problem
Video: The Great Cars Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Great Race Day 9 with Andy Bell.
See more than 50 On Board videos.