RACER: Allan McNish on his favorite track, epic F1 crash
Scotland’s Allan McNish was the most feared sports car driver of his generation, had an all-too brief stint in Formula 1, and despite three overall wins at the illustrious 24 Hours of Le Mans, he reckons a track he visited during his F1 days was the most daunting circuit he’s ever driven.
His opinion on its ferocity was gained after surviving one of the biggest F1 wrecks in recent memory, leading to his conclusion about its manly disposition and the stresses it placed on his own manly region….
Enjoy this discussion from the recent Rolex Monterey Reunion.
Subscribe to Racer
- Rockenfeller tops drying qualifying
- European F3 drops Moscow for Algarve
- Thompson withdraws from Hungary
- IMSA: Taylor Corvette DP, RLL BMW on Monterey poles
- SCCA: Western Conference Majors see high speeds, high temps at Buttonwillow
- RACER: IMSA Monterey pole winners
- IMSA: Monterey gallery - Saturday
- SCCA: First U.S. Majors Tour championships of 2015 awarded at Summit Point
- IndyCar: Chevy's superspeedway kit focuses on efficiency
- IMSA: Shank Ligier-Honda leads Monterey FP3
- WEC: Audi defeats Porsche in epic Spa race
- NASCAR: Gordon claims Talladega Cup pole
- F1: Haas says it will not be Ferrari "B-team"
- MX-5 Cup: Dean scores in Race 1 at Mazda Raceway
- DTM: Paffett slams Tomczyk after clash
- IMSA: Monterey notebook
- IndyCar: Chevrolet reveals speedway aero kit ahead of Indy test
- Solberg on top at Hockenheim RX
- Boris Said's Big Step at Talladega
- World touring: Muller claims Hungaroring pole
Video: The Heroes IV Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.