RACER: Allan McNish on his favorite track, epic F1 crash
Scotland’s Allan McNish was the most feared sports car driver of his generation, had an all-too brief stint in Formula 1, and despite three overall wins at the illustrious 24 Hours of Le Mans, he reckons a track he visited during his F1 days was the most daunting circuit he’s ever driven.
His opinion on its ferocity was gained after surviving one of the biggest F1 wrecks in recent memory, leading to his conclusion about its manly disposition and the stresses it placed on his own manly region….
Enjoy this discussion from the recent Rolex Monterey Reunion.
Subscribe to Racer
- NASCAR: Johnson on edge ahead of Dover cutoff
- Askew, Kirkwood named Team USA Scholarship winners
- WRC: Ogier builds lead as Meeke hits trouble
- IMSA: Shank P2 tops fourth straight Petit practice
- MOTOGP: Pramac pair in shootout for 2017 Ducati
- GT: Porsche reveals updated 911 GT3 Cup
- F1: EU's investigation moves to 'next level'
- F1: Honda upgrade gets green light after debut
- INTERVIEW: Pagenaud, rebooted
- WRC: Ogier leads Meeke after first Corsica morning
- F1: Drivers don't like revised final Sepang corner
- GP3: Leclerc grabs third-straight pole
- F1: New parts to blame for Magnussen pit fire
- F1: Raikkonen surprised by pace on 'messy' Friday
- GP2: Red Bull's Gasly takes another pole at Sepang
Video: The Speed Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Great Race Day 9 with Andy Bell.
See more than 50 On Board videos.