RACER: Allan McNish on his favorite track, epic F1 crash
Scotland’s Allan McNish was the most feared sports car driver of his generation, had an all-too brief stint in Formula 1, and despite three overall wins at the illustrious 24 Hours of Le Mans, he reckons a track he visited during his F1 days was the most daunting circuit he’s ever driven.
His opinion on its ferocity was gained after surviving one of the biggest F1 wrecks in recent memory, leading to his conclusion about its manly disposition and the stresses it placed on his own manly region….
Enjoy this discussion from the recent Rolex Monterey Reunion.
Subscribe to Racer
- F4 U.S.: Das to make BRDC British F3 debut
- GALLERY: 18 Years of Audi at Le Mans
- NASCAR VIDEO: Talladega Race Rewind
- WEC: ACO, FIA WEC 'regret' Audi's departure
- WEC: ACO takes veiled swipe at Audi
- Racing on TV, Oct. 28-30
- WRC: Rule change will hurt young drivers - Citroen
- ANALYSIS: What does Audi withdrawal mean for WEC?
- MOTOGP: Crutchlow dismisses benefit of Sepang test
- F1: Haas brake problems 'not simple'
- IHRA: Alaskan makes the World Championship - his own way
- WEC: Strakka pulls out of final two rounds
- NASCAR: New limits on Cup drivers for Xfinity, Trucks
- F1: COTA wants big calendar split from Mexico
- WEC: Audi ends LMP1 program
Video: The Speed Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Great Race Day 9 with Andy Bell.
See more than 50 On Board videos.