RACER: Allan McNish on his favorite track, epic F1 crash
Scotland’s Allan McNish was the most feared sports car driver of his generation, had an all-too brief stint in Formula 1, and despite three overall wins at the illustrious 24 Hours of Le Mans, he reckons a track he visited during his F1 days was the most daunting circuit he’s ever driven.
His opinion on its ferocity was gained after surviving one of the biggest F1 wrecks in recent memory, leading to his conclusion about its manly disposition and the stresses it placed on his own manly region….
Enjoy this discussion from the recent Rolex Monterey Reunion.
Subscribe to Racer
- NASCAR: Pearson recovering from mild stroke
- PRUETT: Holding judgment on Brian Barnhart
- PRUETT: Rolex 24 at Daytona Rewind
- McLaren's "Back to the Racetrack"
- Alpine Vision concept revealed for Gran Turismo 6
- IndyCar: Familiar name confirmed to return as Race Director
- WEC: Taylor drops 2015 Le Mans plan, but Scuderia Corsa set
- RACER: Patrick Dempsey on future racing films
- F1: "Tighter" McLaren intrigues ahead of Thursday launch
- Briscoe set for Corvette Le Mans seat
- RACER: Robin Miller with IndyCar champion Will Power
- Toyota poised to announce WRC return
- WEC: Shank targets Le Mans entry in 2016
- F1: Renault reveals "fundamental" changes
- F1: Ricciardo says drivers would relish 1000hp
Video: The Champions Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.