▪ In general, you may visit this web site or use the companion mobile applications (collectively referred to as the "Digital Offering") without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
▪ As you browse our Digital Offering, the Digital Offering collects log file, IP address of your computer, and other standard tracking data we use to evaluate Digital Offering traffic and usage patterns. Such information is aggregated with tracking data from all Digital Offering visitors. We will use the information to personalize the Digital Offering according to your preferences based on the aggregated information. We also use the aggregated information to evaluate products and services we may offer to you.
▪ Some portions of this Digital Offering may require you to give us personally identifiable information such as your name, job title, company, physical mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers (Personal Information) and, if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information (Financial Information), for, without limitation, subscriptions to our publications and other products. If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communications may be collected as Personal Information.
▪ If you elect to provide us Personal Information, we use it primarily to deliver the service you requested. Other uses of Personal Information are described elsewhere in this Policy.
▪ If you submit Financial Information, we use that information primarily to verify your credit and collect payments for your purchases, orders, registrations etc.
▪ Racer uses a third party to process credit card transactions and does not store financial information, such as credit card information on its website. We do retain the last four digits of the credit card number solely for customer service purposes.
▪ Racer uses Haymarket Media Inc. (“Haymarket”) to manage and deliver our Digital Offering so your Personal Information will be shared with Haymarket to the extent necessary to deliver the service requested.
Unless you opt-out, we share your Personal Information with Racer's affiliates and partners and third parties licensed to access your Personal Information by any of the foregoing. To opt-out, send us an email to Newlettersupport@haymarketmedia.com
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
▪ in the event that we offer to sell any assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the potential purchaser of such assets;
▪ if substantially all of Racer's assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you will be transferred to such third party;
▪ if we are required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any other agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Racer, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for protection against credit risk and fraud.
We do not disclose individual personal information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We would comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience using the personal data we have collected from you and from others.
Several companies unaffiliated with Racer or Haymarket provide email deployment services for our email messages. The personally identifiable information, such as e-mail address, we provide to these vendors for the purposes of e-mail deployment is only used by them for that purpose and not for any other business activity.
In order to comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we also may provide lists of customers who have opted-out of email promotion for Racer products to other companies, so they can be suppressed from mailings those companies send on Racer's behalf. In addition, if you unsubscribe from a mailing we send to our own list on behalf of a third party, your removal instruction may also be supplied to the third party and added to their own suppression file. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We sometimes provide aggregated usage or tracking information collected from our Digital Offering to third parties.
Information on Children
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. On-line registration and Digital Offering usage is restricted to adults.
Updating Visitor Information
You have the option of accessing, correcting, updating and modifying your Personal and/or Financial Information, or visitor profile, at any time and as often as desired. If you desire to delete your Personal and/or Financial Information please contact us at email@example.com.
Update Your Newsletter Subscriptions
You can opt-in to newsletter mailing lists, or remove yourself (opt-out) at any time through the subscription management page (this page will display all of your newsletter subscriptions) or by following the instructions at the end of the newsletters you receive. Please allow 3-5 business days for changes to take effect. You can locate the subscription management page through the “Log In” link at the top right hand corner of the Digital Offering. For Racer Digital Offerings not offering the subscription management page, please send your email preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update Your Print Subscription Information
You can correct or change your print subscription information online on our Customer Service page, or by calling 877-425-4103 (outside the U.S. 845-267-3047). Please allow 2-4 weeks for changes to take effect.
Third Party and Affiliated Links
Other Publications and Services
As a Racer customer you can also expect to receive relevant email and postal offers for Racer publications, Digital Offerings and other services. From time to time we are also able to secure and offer to our customers specially-negotiated discounts and new products from other leading companies. If you would prefer not to receive such mailings in the future, you can change your preference via the subscription management page which can be located by using the “Log In” link at the top right hand corner of the Digital Offering. For Racer Digital Offerings not offering the subscription management page, please send your email preferences to email@example.com.
Email A Friend
If you choose to use our referral service to inform a friend about our Digital Offering, products, or services, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will send your friend a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the Digital Offering. We may store this information for the purpose of sending this one-time e-mail and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have their information removed from our database.
Online Ad Serving
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Digital Offering. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this Digital Offering and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp
A "cookie" is a bit of data sent by a Web site through the browser to the computer of the user visiting the site, and enables the site to return the results the browser expects. Racer uses temporary, session-specific cookies to ensure visits to its Web site are smooth and customized for the visitor. Such cookies allow us to provide a visitor's browser with information tailored to the visitor's preferences and needs. Racer also uses permanent or persistent cookies that remain on a visitor's computer after the visitor leaves a Racer Web site.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in the browser's settings. However, disabling the cookie support function of the browser will prevent our Web site from functioning properly and you may not be able to utilize fully all of the site's features and information.
For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Visitors to this Digital Offering can decide if they want to receive promotional information from Racer. On the visitor registration pages, prospective visitors can choose to request Racer not to e-mail them advertising and promotional information. Should visitors accept promotional e-mail from Racer, any e-mail they receive will include instructions on how to be removed from Racer's promotional e-mail list. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at email@example.com.
Security and Encryption
This Digital Offering takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. When appropriate, we use SSL encryption technology on our Digital Offering and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browsers and our server. As a result, data you submit to our Digital Offering such as credit card and payment information is transmitted using commercially reasonable security over the Internet.
This Digital Offering also uses password encryption to keep ensure your privacy when registering for newsletters, events, and other Racer related media.
Notification of Changes
Your Acceptance of these Terms