AF Corse Ferrari driver Toni Vilander claimed his second pole position of this season's FIA GT1 World Championship at the Autodromo Internacional do Algarve.
The Finn, who was also on pole at the opening round of the championship at Nogaro, set a best time of 1m44.730s around the 2.89-mile Portuguese circuit. That put him almost a second clear of Enzo Ide in the second AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia.
Vilander, who shares his AF Ferrari with Filip Salaquarda, said: "I like the track, I was on pole here earlier this year in GT Open, and the car likes the track. We've been working hard on the car trying to improve it and performance on one lap is good."
The fastest non-Ferrari was the All-Inkl Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG driven by Marc Basseng. The German qualified less than a tenth behind Ide on 1m45.693s.
The second All-Inkl Mercedes, qualified by Nicky Pastorelli, completed the second row for Saturday's qualifying race. Darryl O'Young was fifth fastest in the best of the Reiter Lamborghini Gallardo LMP560s.
Neither Vita4One BMW Z4 and only one of the Hexis McLaren MP4-12Cs made it through to the final round of qualifying.
Pos Drivers Team/Car Time Gap
1. Vilander/Salaquarda AF Corse Ferrari 1m44.730s
2. Ide/Castellacci AF Corse Ferrari 1m45.630s + 0.900s
3. Basseng/Winkelhock Munnich Mercedes 1m45.693s + 0.963s
4. Pastorelli/Jager Munnich Mercedes 1m45.709s + 0.979s
5. O'Young/Kox Reiter Lamborghini 1m45.916s + 1.186s
6. Cressoni/Pavlovic SUNRED Ford 1m45.927s + 1.197s
7. Stippler/Jarvis WRT Audi 1m46.326s + 1.596s
8. Demoustier/Parente Hexis McLaren 1m46.455s + 1.725s
9. von Thurn und Taxis/Rosina Reiter Lamborghini 1m45.703s Q2
10. Ortelli/Vanthoor WRT Audi 1m45.777s Q2
11. Buurman/Bartels Vita4One BMW 1m45.897s Q2
12. Makowiecki/Dusseldorp Hexis McLaren 1m45.906s Q2
13. Lauda/Mayr-Melnhof Vita4One BMW 1m46.069s Q2
14. Parisy/Zuber Exim Porsche 1m46.566s Q2