Red Bull claimed another 1-2 in second Indian Grand Prix practice, as Sebastian Vettel again led Mark Webber.
As had been the case in the morning, Mercedes' Nico Rosberg offered a plucky challenge to the Red Bulls. On the medium-compound tire, Rosberg emerged with the honors, beating Webber by just 0.001 second.
Times were over a second faster on softs, and Vettel's early 1m25.722s secured the top spot with an hour to spare, as teams then switched to long-stint tire work.
Webber repeated the practice one Red Bull symmetry by grabbing second, 0.289s slower than his teammate, who is poised to secure a fourth consecutive Formula 1 title this weekend.
Rosberg was only sixth on soft tires, behind Romain Grosjean's Lotus, the second Mercedes of Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso.
Following morning gearbox issues, Alonso made up for lost time with 37 laps of running. His teammate Felipe Massa was seventh. Kimi Raikkonen got into the top 10 this time in eighth, but was half a second down on teammate Grosjean. The McLarens completed the top 10 spots.
Pastor Maldonado provided the most notable incident when his Williams shed a wheelnut on track. He managed to coax the loose-wheeled car back as far as the pitlane entry before having to park.
Paul di Resta was back in action for Force India after his earlier illness and took 15th place, 0.2sec and three spots behind his teammate Adrian Sutil.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m25.722s 35
2. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m26.011s +0.289s 38
3. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m26.220s +0.498s 36
4. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m26.399s +0.677s 36
5. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m26.430s +0.708s 39
6. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m26.582s +0.860s 40
7. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m26.601s +0.879s 41
8. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault 1m26.632s +0.910s 32
9. Sergio Perez McLaren-Mercedes 1m26.857s +1.135s 40
10. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m26.972s +1.250s 39
11. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m27.304s +1.582s 17
12. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m27.375s +1.653s 36
13. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Renault 1m27.429s +1.707s 31
14. Nico Hulkenberg Sauber-Ferrari 1m27.491s +1.769s 40
15. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m27.608s +1.886s 38
16. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 1m27.720s +1.998s 23
17. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari 1m27.949s +2.227s 34
18. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m28.431s +2.709s 30
19. Giedo van der Garde Caterham-Renault 1m28.692s +2.970s 39
20. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Cosworth 1m28.799s +3.077s 32
21. Charles Pic Caterham-Renault 1m29.366s +3.644s 37
22. Max Chilton Marussia-Cosworth 1m30.164s +4.442s 27