Red Bull is still puzzled by its lack of qualifying pace, according to World Champion Sebastian Vettel.
Vettel failed to make the cut for the Q1 top 10 shootout at Spa last weekend and admitted that the team has not yet had the chance to understand why it lacked speed in qualifying trim.
"No, there's only been three or four days in between," said Vettel when asked if he understood the lack of pace at Spa on Saturday afternoon. "Qualifying was disappointing, but Sunday afternoon was OK and just before qualifying on Saturday morning was fine.
"Why? There is still not a 100 percent bulletproof answer, as there was nothing wrong with our qualifying. It didn't feel as if there was an awful lot more in the lap, so there is still a bit of a question mark."
Vettel, who closed the gap to world championship leader Fernando Alonso to 24 points with his second place at Spa, is anticipating another unpredictable weekend at Monza. The German won the Italian Grand Prix for Red Bull last year, his second win in the classic race, but he is unsure whether a repeat is a possibility.
"It is like every other weekend so far, it's a bit difficult to know now," he said. "It has been fairly unpredictable and there's no reason why it should change for this weekend.
"We were very competitive here last year, not so much the previous years so, it's a bit difficult at this stage to know what to expect."