Sebastian Vettel was quickest in the final practice session of this weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. The times were not as quick as those set on Friday until the frontrunners' qualifying simulation runs on the soft tyre at the end, with temperatures considerably higher today.
Vettel initially set the pace during the longer runs, and then made the biggest improvement during the low-fuel laps at the end.
Mark Webber spent much of the session a few tenths shy of his Red Bull teammate. In the end, he was able to get to just over a tenth behind.
The McLarens of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button looked strong on their qualifying simulation runs, ending up either side of Fernando Alonso's Ferrari in third and fifth. Hamilton had earlier been complaining of overheating his rear tires during a longer run in the 109-degree heat.
The Ferraris both set their times earlier on and returned to the pits for the final minutes of the session, only popping back out at the end to take part in the practice starts after the end, although Felip Massa was just 12th.
Vitaly Petrov finished sixth fastest, with Michael Schumacher seventh despite sustaining damage to his front wing during the session. Nico Rosberg, Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld completed the top 10.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap Laps
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m40.696s 18
2. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m40.829s + 0.133s 15
3. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m41.280s + 0.584s 13
4. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m41.490s + 0.794s 14
5. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m41.578s + 0.882s 17
6. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1m41.689s + 0.993s 17
7. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m41.690s + 0.994s 18
8. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m41.729s + 1.033s 17
9. Robert Kubica Renault 1m41.877s + 1.181s 18
10. Nick Heidfeld Sauber-Ferrari 1m41.893s + 1.197s 20
11. Nico Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1m41.934s + 1.238s 18
12. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m41.978s + 1.282s 14
13. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1m42.316s + 1.620s 15
14. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m42.566s + 1.870s 16
15. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m42.587s + 1.891s 18
16. Tonio Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 1m42.858s + 2.162s 14
17. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m42.993s + 2.297s 20
18. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m43.344s + 2.648s 18
19. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 1m44.876s + 4.180s 15
20. Jarno Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 1m45.048s + 4.352s 23
21. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1m45.050s + 4.354s 20
22. Bruno Senna Hispania-Cosworth 1m45.490s + 4.794s 16
23. Lucas di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 1m45.629s + 4.933s 22
24. Christian Klien Hispania-Cosworth 1m46.464s + 5.768s 17