Sebastian Vettel claimed first place in second practice for the Italian Grand Prix by a commanding 0.6-second margin in his Red Bull.
The world champion was barely headed during the session, pulling clear of his rivals with an early 1m24.7s lap before improving to his final benchmark 1m24.453s after half an hour.
Vettel's long-run times also proved comfortably quicker than the pack in the latter half of the session. Underlining Red Bull's ominous form, Mark Webber completed a 1-2 in the second car.
The times were much closer in Webber's region, though, as Lotus pair Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean were equal on 1m25.116s just 0.04sec behind. Their identical times came despite Raikkonen using the upgraded long-wheelbase version of the car while Grosjean remained in the standard specification Lotus.
Fernando Alonso was fifth in the best of the Ferraris. Like Grosjean, the Spaniard had a brief trip through the gravel during the session.
Felipe Massa put the second Ferrari eighth behind Mercedes duo Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg, but had to park in the pits early with a gearbox issue.
The McLarens of Jenson Button and Sergio Perez filled the final top-10 places.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m24.453s 39
2. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m25.076s +0.623s 39
3. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault 1m25.116s +0.663s 36
4. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m25.116s +0.663s 40
5. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m25.330s +0.877s 38
6. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m25.340s +0.887s 39
7. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m25.367s +0.914s 42
8. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m25.519s +1.066s 29
9. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m25.532s +1.079s 42
10. Sergio Perez McLaren-Mercedes 1m25.627s +1.174s 39
11. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m25.830s +1.377s 40
12. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari 1m25.888s +1.435s 40
13. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m26.028s +1.575s 37
14. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 1m26.138s +1.685s 36
15. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m26.224s +1.771s 32
16. Nico Hulkenberg Sauber-Ferrari 1m26.385s +1.932s 43
17. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m26.599s +2.146s 39
18. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Renault 1m27.198s +2.745s 44
19. Max Chilton Marussia-Cosworth 1m27.548s +3.095s 30
20. Charles Pic Caterham-Renault 1m27.696s +3.243s 37
21. Giedo van der Garde Caterham-Renault 1m27.771s +3.318s 38
22. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Cosworth 1m28.057s +3.604s 32