Sebastian Vettel blasted to a dominant fastest time in final practice at the German Grand Prix, overshadowing countryman Nico Rosberg.
Mercedes and Red Bull had topped a practice session each on Friday, but it was the latter that took charge on Saturday morning.
Vettel was quickest in the first part of the session on the harder rubber, before being swiftly demoted in the final 10 minutes as the softs offered time gains as big as two seconds for some cars.
Fernando Alonso's Ferrari was first to reap the benefits, with Rosberg's Mercedes then doing a 1m30.193s going into the final minute to take the top spot.
But Vettel still had a lap to come, and a 1m29.517s on softs blew Rosberg's time away by 0.676 seconds.
Mark Webber was third in the second Red Bull, ahead of the two Ferraris, as Felipe Massa closed to within 0.018s of Alonso.
Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean were back in sixth and eighth for Lotus, sandwiching an unhappy Lewis Hamilton, who made his dislike of his Mercedes' behaviour clear over team order.
Nico Hulkenberg and Adrian Sutil made it four Germans in the top 10 as they took ninth and 10th for Sauber and Force India respectively.
Pastor Maldonado's Williams was repaired from its morning KERS issue in time to join the session from the beginning, although he was another to voice complaints over car handling by radio. He was 17th.
After his Friday illness, Jules Bianchi returned to the Marussia cockpit and was 20th quickest.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m29.517s 19
2. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m30.193s +0.676s 19
3. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m30.211s +0.694s 18
4. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m30.621s +1.104s 16
5. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m30.639s +1.122s 17
6. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault 1m30.671s +1.154s 19
7. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m30.744s +1.227s 20
8. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m30.781s +1.264s 18
9. Nico Hulkenberg Sauber-Ferrari 1m30.966s +1.449s 20
10. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m31.009s +1.492s 18
11. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m31.326s +1.809s 22
12. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari 1m31.405s +1.888s 20
13. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m31.733s +2.216s 21
14. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m31.855s +2.338s 18
15. Sergio Perez McLaren-Mercedes 1m31.855s +2.338s 23
16. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m31.898s +2.381s 19
17. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 1m31.969s +2.452s 20
18. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Renault 1m32.036s +2.519s 23
19. Charles Pic Caterham-Renault 1m33.230s +3.713s 19
20. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Cosworth 1m33.470s +3.953s 22
21. Giedo van der Garde Caterham-Renault 1m33.964s +4.447s 21
22. Max Chilton Marussia-Cosworth 1m34.683s +5.166s 20