Italy's Giovanni Venturini scored his first GP3 Series race victory at Silverstone on Sunday morning, leading from start to finish from pole position despite a strong challenge from local hero Nick Yelloly.
Yelloly, who started third, rocketed his Carlin machine past front row starter Alex Fontana (Jenzer) at Abbey and then tried to go around the outside of leader Venturini's Trident machine at Village. He just about made it, but got on to the curb on the exit, which caused his car to bounce into the air and let Venturini back ahead again.
Yelloly tried again at Brooklands on the opening lap, and again at the same place on lap two, but Venturini kept the door well closed on both occasions. Venturini spent the rest of the race with Yelloly in his mirrors, but managed his tires superbly to take a well-earned victory by 0.6sec.
Fontana finished third, well clear of fastest lap-setter Daniil Kvyat. Championship contender Facu Regalia was fifth, ahead of points leader Tio Ellinas, who recovered from a poor start to finish sixth.
Saturday winner Jack Harvey drove a lonely race to finish seventh, ahead of Aaro Vainio.
Results - 15 laps:
Pos Driver Team Time/Gap
1. Giovanni Venturini Trident 27m32.438s
2. Nick Yelloly Carlin + 0.609s
3. Alex Fontana Jenzer + 1.519s
4. Daniil Kvyat MW Arden + 2.723s
5. Facu Regalia ART + 4.673s
6. Tio Ellinas Manor + 5.376s
7. Jack Harvey ART + 6.657s
8. Aaro Vainio Koiranen + 8.145s
9. Kevin Korjus Koiranen + 9.008s
10. Eric Lichtenstein Carlin + 10.311s
11. Patric Niederhauser Jenzer + 11.242s
12. Luis Sa Silva Carlin + 11.985s
13. Carlos Sainz Jr MW Arden + 13.611s
14. Lewis Williamson Bamboo + 14.183s
15. Melville McKee Bamboo + 15.872s
16. Josh Webster Status + 29.082s
17. Ryan Cullen Manor + 38.395s
18. Samin Gomez Jenzer + 38.786s
19. Carmen Jorda Bamboo + 1m01.165s
20. David Fumanelli Trident + 1m01.433s
21. Jimmy Eriksson Status + 2 laps
Robert Visoiu MW Arden
Adderly Fong Status
Dino Zamparelli Manor
Emanuele Zonzini Trident
Conor Daly ART