V8 Supercars officials remain optimistic about Ford's long-term future in the series despite the company ending road car production in Australia.
Ford announced on Thursday that it will move production overseas in 2016 and stop making the Falcon model that it currently races in V8s. The marque had been a V8 mainstay, and for many years it and Holden produced the entire grid.
A V8 series statement said Ford was expected to stay on despite the road car news.
"Ford has an enormously proud and successful racing heritage globally as well as here in Australia with the Falcon, the Mustang, Sierra and Cortina," it read. "We expect that to continue for at least the next three years and beyond.
"The very purpose of Car of the Future is to adapt to the market conditions. It is incredibly successful with Nissan and Mercedes-AMG on the grid, and more to come. It is the future of the sport."
Rod Nash, co-owner of primary Ford squad Ford Performance Racing, hopes his team will continue to represent the manufacturer long term.
"While we are of course sorry to hear that Ford will be ending local production from October 2016, this by no means signals an end to Ford in Australia, nor to the close relationship we have with the company," Nash said. "Ford is a robust global company and one that has taken a tough decision to ensure the future viability of its business here in Australia. It will continue to be a significant force in the Australian automotive landscape.
"We are proud to fly the Ford flag and look forward to doing so for years to come."
There are currently six Fords in the 28-car V8 field, with Dick Johnson Racing running two cars alongside the FPR quartet. Its representation was reduced this year with DJR trimming its lineup and the former Stone Brothers team – now Erebus – beginning its Mercedes project.