Oliver Turvey maintained his 100 percent prototype qualifying record by claiming pole position for the second round of the European Le Mans Series at Imola.
The McLaren Formula 1 test and development driver, who has joined the Jota Sport Zytek LMP2 squad for this season, topped the times by more than half a second to follow up on his pole at the Silverstone season opener last month.
His 1m34.343s pole lap aboard the Jota Zytek-Nissan Z11SN he shares with Simon Dolan compared with the 1m34.914s set by Mathias Beche in the TDS Racing ORECA-Nissan 03.
Turvey, who won the rain-affected Silverstone race with Dolan, said: "We found a good balance yesterday, so I was able to push hard and get the most out of the tires straight away."
Brendon Hartley was third fastest in the Murphy Prototypes ORECA-Nissan with a time a tenth of a second slower than Beche.
The GTE class was headed by Matt Griffin, who took the second pole for the new Ram Racing Ferrari team (RIGHT) with a 1m41.994s lap.
The Irishman bounced back from a spin at Rivazza on what would have been his fastest lap aboard his Ferrari 458 Italia to snatch pole from Imsa Porsche driver Patrick Long by five hundredths of a second.
Griffin, who is sharing with Silverstone pole winner Johnny Mowlem, said: "If I hadn't got pole I wouldn't have heard the last of it from the lads and it wouldn't have been right if a Ferrari wasn't on pole at home in Imola."
Pole in LMPC went to Gary Hirsch in one of the three ORECA-run Team Endurance Challenge cars, while honors in the GTC class for GT3 went to Peter Kox driving a Lamborghini Gallardo entered under his own name.
Pos Cl Drivers Team/Car Time Cl gap
1. P2 Dolan/Turvey Jota Zytek-Nissan 1m34.343s
2. P2 Thiriet/Beche TDS ORECA-Nissan 1m34.914s + 0.571s
3. P2 Hartley/Patterson Murphy ORECA-Nissan 1m34.951s + 0.608s
4. P2 Ragues/Panciatici Signatech Alpine-Nissan 1m35.538s + 1.195s
5. P2 Heinemeier Hansson/Kimber-Smith Greaves Zytek-Nissan 1m35.606s + 1.263s
6. P2 Gachnang/Mailleux Morand Morgan-Judd 1m36.320s + 1.977s
7. P2 Frey/Niederhauser Race Peformance ORECA-Judd 1m36.444s + 2.101s
8. P2 Burgess/Hirschi HVM Status Lola-Judd 1m37.309s + 2.966s
9. P2 Briere/Dagoneau/Hartshorne Boutsen ORECA-Nissan 1m38.128s + 3.785s
10. PC Chatin/Hirsch Endurance FLM 1m39.222s PC pole
11. P2 Porta/Brandela/Delhez DKR Lola-Judd 1m41.445s + 7.102s
12. PC Loan/Lecuyer Endurance FLM 1m41.708s + 2.486s
13. GTE Mowlem/Griffin Ram Ferrari 1m41.994s GTE pole
14. GTE Milesi/Long IMSA Porsche 1m42.055s + 0.061s
15. PC Pons/Ayari Endurance FLM 1m42.093s + 2.871s
16. GTE Jeannette/Montecalvo Ram Ferrari 1m42.669s + 0.675s
17. GTE Bertolini/Camathias JMW Ferrari 1m42.911s + 0.917s
18. GTE Mallegol/Bachelier/Blank AF Ferrari 1m43.551s + 1.557s
19. GTC Kox/Pronk Kox Lamborghini 1m43.752s GTC pole
20. GTC Rizzoli/Gai/Case AF Ferrari 1m44.235s + 0.483s
21. GTE Perazzini/Cioci/Leo AF Ferrari 1m44.478s + 2.484s
22. GTE Ried/Roda/Ruberti Proton Porsche 1m45.173s + 3.179s
23. GTC Bader/Derdaele/Giermaziak Megatron Audi 1m45.786s + 2.034s
24. GTC Millroy/Smith/Twyman Ecosse BMW 1m45.831s + 2.079s
25. GTC Babini/Shaitar/Ladygin SMP Ferrari 1m46.149s + 2.397s
26. GTE Perrodo/Crubile Prospeed Porsche 1m46.358s + 4.364s
27. GTC Markozov/Evstigneev/Frolov SMP Ferrari 1m49.733s + 5.981s
28. GTC Mediani/Zlobin/Rotenberg SMP Ferrrari