Colin Turkington was fastest in free practice for rounds 16, 17 & 18 of the British Touring Car Championship at Snetterton on Saturday.
The Team RAC BMW driver eclipsed Jason Plato's 1m12.482s from the first session to go just under five hundredths faster in session two.
Vauxhall duo Matt Neal and Fabrizio Giovanardi were second and third quickest, both setting times less than 0.2s behind Turkington.
James Thompson, who was second fastest in the morning session, dropped to fourth in the Team Dynamics Honda ahead of Andrew Jordan in the third factory Vectra.
Plato was eventually sixth, having been unable to replicate his morning pace in the Racing Silverline Chevrolet.
Jonathan Adam's Airwaves BMW, Harry Vaulkard's Chevrolet, RML's James Nash and Paul O'Neill completed the top ten.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap
1. Colin Turkington BMW 1m12.434s
2. Matt Neal Vauxhall 1m12.502s 0.068
3. Fabrizio Giovanardi Vauxhall 1m12.620s + 0.186
4. James Thompson Honda 1m12.631s + 0.197
5. Andrew Jordan Vauxhall 1m12.637s + 0.203
6. Jason Plato Chevrolet 1m12.705s + 0.271
7. Jonathan Adam BMW 1m12.809s + 0.375
8. Harry Vaulkhard Chevrolet 1m12.854s + 0.420
9. James Nash Chevrolet 1m12.866s + 0.432
10. Paul O'Neill Honda 1m12.871s + 0.437
11. Mat Jackson Chevrolet 1m13.045s + 0.611
12. Rob Collard BMW 1m13.262s + 0.828
13. Adam Jones SEAT 1m13.373s + 0.939
14. Stephen Jelley BMW 1m13.381s + 0.947
15. David Pinkney Honda 1m13.653s + 1.219
16. Gordon Shedden SEAT 1m13.714s + 1.280
17. Tom Chilton Ford 1m13.885s + 1.451
18. John George Honda 1m15.192s + 2.758
19. Martin Johnson Vauxhall 1m40.852s +28.418