Martin Truex Jr. drew pole position for NASCAR's non-championship Budweiser Shootout curtain-raiser at Daytona.
This year the top 25 drivers from the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup standings plus any other Daytona race winners are eligible for the Saturday night event, which features a random grid.
Truex will start on pole for Michael Waltrip Racing, with Joe Gibbs Racing's Kyle Busch alongside in an all-Toyota front row. Busch's brother Kurt makes his first appearance for new team Phoenix Racing from sixth on the grid, with his Penske replacement AJ Allmendinger in ninth.
Reigning champion Tony Stewart drew 15th place.
Pos Driver Team/Car
1. Martin Truex Jr. Waltrip Toyota
2. Kyle Busch Gibbs Toyota
3. Brad Keselowski Penske Dodge
4. Jamie McMurray Earnhardt Ganassi Chevrolet
5. David Ragan Front Row Ford
6. Kurt Busch Phoenix Chevrolet
7. Greg Biffle Roush Fenway Ford
8. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Hendrick Chevrolet
9. AJ Allmendinger Penske Dodge
10. Joey Logano Gibbs Toyota
11. Carl Edwards Roush Fenway Ford
12. Jeff Burton Childress Chevrolet
13. Ryan Newman Stewart-Haas Chevrolet
14. Jeff Gordon Hendrick Chevrolet
15. Tony Stewart Stewart-Haas Chevrolet
16. Denny Hamlin Gibbs Toyota
17. Clint Bowyer Waltrip Toyota
18. Jimmie Johnson Hendrick Chevrolet
19. Kasey Kahne Hendrick Chevrolet
20. Michael Waltrip Waltrip Toyota
21. Marcos Ambrose Petty Ford
22. Kevin Harvick Childress Chevrolet
23. Matt Kenseth Roush Fenway Ford
24. Paul Menard Childress Chevrolet
25. Juan Pablo Montoya Earnhardt Ganassi Chevrolet