Toyota has reversed its decision to field only one TS030 Hybrid in the World Endurance Championship.
The Cologne-based Toyota Motorsport GmbH squad had been forced to downscale its plans to run two 2013 versions of its petrol-electric hybrid for financial reasons earlier this month. It has now been able to go back on that and ramp up its assault to two cars after running one car in the final five races last season.
TMG technical director Pascal Vasselon said: "We were expecting to run one car and now we have two, which is great."
Toyota confirmed last year that it would retain its 2012 driver lineup of Alex Wurz, Nicolas Lapierre and Kazuki Nakajima and Anthony Davidson, Stephane Sarrazin and Sebastien Buemi. The two Toyotas and two Audi R18 e-tron quattros head a 32-strong WEC entry, which is two up on last year's inaugural series.
Series boss Gerard Neveu said: "Thirty-two cars is an extraordinary entry and we are happy to have an increase in numbers and, I believe, quality."
There are only six full-season LMP1 entries, the privateer Rebellion Racing and British Strakka Racing squads fielding one Lola-Toyota and one HPD respectively. There are 12 LMP2s entered, including series newcomer HVM Status GP and two of the Kodewa-developed Lotus T128 coupes.
The GTE Pro entry of six cars is made up of a pair of factory entries from Ferrari, Porsche and Aston Martin respectively.
2013 WEC entry list:
1. Audi Sport Team Joest Audi Andre Lotterer
2. Audi Sport Team Joest Audi Tom Kristensen
7. Toyota Racing Toyota Alex Wurz
8. Toyota Racing Toyota Anthony Davidson
12. Rebellion Racing Lola-Toyota Nicolas Prost
21. Strakka Racing HPD-Honda Nick Leventis
24. OAK Racing Morgan-Nissan Jacques Nicolet
25. Delta-ADR ORECA-Nissan John Martin
26. G-Drive Racing ORECA-Nissan Roman Rusinov
28. Gulf Racing Middle East Lola-Nissan Fabien Giroix
29. Gulf Racing Middle East Lola-Nissan Frederic Fatien
30. HVM Status GP Lola-Judd Jonathan Kennard
31. Lotus Lotus Kevin Weeda
32. Lotus Lotus Thomas Holzer
35. OAK Racing Morgan-Nissan Olivier Pla
41. Greaves Motorsport Zytek-Nissan Christian Zugel
44. Starworks Motorsport HPD-Honda Alex Popow
45. OAK Racing Morgan-Nissan David Heinemeier Hansson
49. Pecom Racing (AF Corse) ORECA-Nissan Luis Perez Companc
51. AF Corse Ferrari Gianmaria Bruni
71. AF Corse Ferrari Olivier Beretta
91. Porsche AG Team Manthey Porsche Marc Lieb
92. Porsche AG Team Manthey Porsche Jorg Bergmeister
97. Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Darren Turner
99. Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Stefan Mucke
50. Larbre Competition Corvette Patrick Bornhauser
57. Krohn Racing Ferrari Tracy Krohn
61. AF Corse Ferrari Jack Gerber
76. Imsa Performance Porsche Raymond Narac
81. 8Star Motorsports Ferrari Enzo Potolicchio
88. Proton Competition Porsche Christian Ried
95. Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Allan Simonsen
96. Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Roald Goethe
*Drivers named for administrative purposes only and are subject to change.