TOPEKA, Kan. (Feb. 9, 2009) -- SCCA has announced changes to the contingency redemption process for Toyo Tires’ National Contingency Program in Spec Miata. The changes are designed to streamline the process and make it easier for racers to receive their contingency payouts.
The new process will be as follows:
- A driver will be required to complete and submit one Claim/Program Compliance Verification form per year.
- Once a form is on file, a driver’s payouts will be processed automatically within two weeks of the SCCA National office receiving the final race results. Total turnaround should be no more than one month from the race.
- Drivers must have a valid, completed form on file within two weeks of the conclusion of any race event for which they wish to receive a payout.
- Drivers now have two options to receive payment—traditional check or ACH (direct deposit). Separate ACH form must be filled out for direct deposit, otherwise the standard payment is by check.
The new process removes the need to have a redemption form completed and submitted after each race.
Changes to the form
You will notice a couple of changes to the form. The major change is that the form can be verified by any current SCCA member other than the individual submitting the form (you may not verify your own form). By signing the form, the member is verifying compliance of the four decals required for the program.
If, at any point during the season, a car is reported to the SCCA contingency department to be out of compliance for the program (tire usage, decal placement) by a member of the staff or the Spec Miata compliance program, a new Claim/Program Compliance Verification form will need to be submitted. For re-verification, the form must be signed by a licensed technical inspector. This is the only time a signature from the tech staff is required.
The complete process to register for the Toyo contingency for 2009 has three steps, as follows:
1. Select the Toyo Tires contingency in the overall Club Racing National program registration area. Go to http://ams.scca.com, login, select “Events” and “contingency” to do this.
2. Fill out and have verified your annual claim/verification form.
3. Fill out a W-9 form (http://www.scca.com/documents/contingency//w94.pdf)
4. Optional - Fill out the ACH form for direct deposit (http://www.scca.com/documents/contingency//ACH20Authorization.pdf)
Completed forms can be faxed or mailed to:
SCCA – Contingency
PO Box 19400
Topeka, KS 66619
Fax – 785-232-7228
Forms are available via mail or fax upon request only. Contact Jenny McAbee at 800-770-2055.