Martin Tomczyk set the pace in the second DTM free practice session on Saturday morning.
The Audi driver topped the times ahead of the 2008-spec A4 of Alexandre Premat, while a late effort from Mercedes' Bruno Spengler to jump ahead of Timo Scheider prevented Audi from locking out the top three places.
Spengler's lap meant that the quickest Mercedes was just under two tenths of a second shy of the pace, but the gap had been bigger than that for most of the session.
Audi did not have a trouble-free morning, though, as several of its drivers were repeatedly locking wheels at the hairpin and going straight on.
The session did not feature the usual late flurry of activity that had become customary during Saturday free practice in the DTM, with the only other driver to improve right at the end being David Coulthard. The Scot was down in 17th out of the 18 cars as the session drew to a close, but he moved up to 15th – ahead of Ralf Schumacher – just before the checkered flag.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap
1. Martin Tomczyk Audi 1m32.560s
2. Alexandre Premat Audi 1m32.726s + 0.166s
3. Bruno Spengler Mercedes 1m32.747s + 0.187s
4. Timo Scheider Audi 1m32.800s + 0.240s
5. Paul di Resta Mercedes 1m32.874s + 0.314s
6. Mike Rockenfeller Audi 1m32.923s + 0.363s
7. Oliver Jarvis Audi 1m32.973s + 0.413s
8. Gary Paffett Mercedes 1m33.054s + 0.494s
9. Mattias Ekstrom Audi 1m33.106s + 0.546s
10. Markus Winkelhock Audi 1m33.182s + 0.622s
11. Jamie Green Mercedes 1m33.413s + 0.853s
12. Miguel Molina Audi 1m33.476s + 0.916s
13. Susie Stoddart Mercedes 1m33.537s + 0.977s
14. Franky Cheng Mercedes 1m33.566s + 1.006s
15. David Coulthard Mercedes 1m33.796s + 1.236s
16. Ralf Schumacher Mercedes 1m33.844s + 1.284s
17. Maro Engel Mercedes 1m33.861s + 1.301s
18. Katherine Legge Audi 1m34.149s + 1.589s