Gabriele Tarquini took pole position for tomorrow's first World Touring Car race at Imola as SEAT dominated today's qualifying session.
The championship leader took pole for the fourth time this season, having put his fellow works SEAT drivers in the shade in the all-important Q2 session.
"It is very nice for me to start from pole position for my home race," said Tarquini. "My home is just a short time away and all the people will be coming from my village so hopefully it will be nice for them."
The Italian will start his home race tomorrow alongside title rival and teammate Yvan Muller, with Rickard Rydell making it a SEAT 1-2-3.
Rob Huff will share the second row with Rydell in his Chevrolet Cruze, with Tiago Monteiro fifth and Augusto Farfus sixth in the first BMW.
Andy Priaulx and Jordi Gene will start seventh and eighth, with Chevrolet teammates Nicola Larini and Alain Menu completing the top 10 - the latter did not take part in Q2 after his Cruze returned to the pits spewing out oil at the end of Q1.
With only two BMWs making it into the top 10, Jorg Muller, Alex Zanardi and Sergio Hernandez were the first to miss out on Q1. Stefano D'Aste was the top independent car behind them in 14th with James Thompson's Lada pipping independent front runners Felix Porteiro and Tom Coronel.
Pos Driver Car Q1 Q2
1. Gabriele Tarquini SEAT 1m56.139s 1m55.530s
2. Yvan Muller SEAT 1m55.840s 1m55.726s
3. Rickard Rydell SEAT 1m55.847s 1m55.891s
4. Rob Huff Chevrolet 1m56.610s 1m56.044s
5. Tiago Monteiro SEAT 1m56.189s 1m56.252s
6. Augusto Farfus BMW 1m56.393s 1m56.257s
7. Andy Priaulx BMW 1m56.873s 1m56.286s
8. Jordi Gene SEAT 1m56.392s 1m56.418s
9. Nicola Larini Chevrolet 1m56.704s 1m56.522s
10. Alain Menu Chevrolet 1m56.972s no time
11. Sergio Hernandez BMW 1m57.026s
12. Jorg Muller BMW 1m57.121s
13. Alex Zanardi BMW 1m57.208s
14. Stefano D'Aste BMW 1m57.306s
15. James Thompson Lada 1m57.331s
16. Felix Porteiro BMW 1m57.419s
17. Tom Coronel SEAT 1m57.472s
18. Mehdi Bennani SEAT 1m57.787s
19. Kristian Poulsen BMW 1m57.962s
20. Franz Engstler BMW 1m58.029s
21. Tom Boardman SEAT 1m58.170s
22. Jaap van Lagen Lada 1m58.388s
23. Kirill Ladygin Lada 1m58.990s
24. Andrea Larini SEAT 1m59.056s
25. Fabio Fabiani BMW 2m02.619s