Holden Racing Team's Garth Tander broke Mark Winterbottom's domination of the event so far with victory in race two of the Nikon SuperGP at Surfers Paradise.
Tander took the lead into the first chicane after Winterbottom decided not to fight, and from there on, Tander showed the way, beating Winterbottom by just over two seconds.
A second behind them came Tander's teammate Will Davison with Craig Lowndes on his bumper, as they had been since the pit stops, where Davison gained the place back he lost to Lowndes at the start.
Sprint Gas's Greg Murphy was next ahead of Steven Richards, with Shane van Gisbergen in seventh in a race that was almost the complete opposite of the first one, with no safety car and little drama or action taking place, most of the front-runners finishing in almost the same place as they had earlier in the day.
In fact, eighth-placed Jamie Whincup was the first driver in the order to make up more than one place relative to their first race result, jumping up from 13th to eighth. Rick Kelly did similarly, moving from 12th to 9th, with Jason Bargwanna completing the top 10.
Pos Driver Make Time
1. Garth Tander Holden Commodore VE 1:04:08.7239
2. Mark Winterbottom Ford Falcon FG + 2.2626
3. Will Davison Holden Commodore VE + 3.1917
4. Craig Lowndes Ford Falcon FG + 3.4715
5. Greg Murphy Holden Commodore VE + 10.8922
6. Steven Richards Ford Falcon FG + 11.3837
7. Shane van Gisbergen Ford Falcon FG + 13.5759
8. Jamie Whincup Ford Falcon FG + 15.5056
9. Rick Kelly Holden Commodore VE + 16.2552
10. Jason Bargwanna Holden Commodore VE + 30.9704
11. Steven Johnson Ford Falcon FG + 31.3436
12. Michael Caruso Holden Commodore VE + 31.7367
13. Fabian Coulthard Ford Falcon FG + 36.1873
14. Lee Holdsworth Holden Commodore VE + 44.4408
15. Jack Perkins Holden Commodore VE + 46.1351
16. James Courtney Ford Falcon FG + 49.6235
17. Alex Davison Ford Falcon FG + 52.7830
18. David Reynolds Holden Commodore VE + 53.2096
19. Cameron McConville Holden Commodore VE + 53.6131
20. Jason Bright Ford Falcon FG + 54.7141
21. Tim Slade Holden Commodore VE + 56.4922
22. Paul Dumbrell Holden Commodore VE + 56.8520
23. Todd Kelly Holden Commodore VE + 1:03.3743
24. Jason Richards Holden Commodore VE + 1:16.1674
25. Tony D'Alberto Holden Commodore VE + 1:37.2169
26. Michael Patrizi Ford Falcon BF + 1 lap
27. Mark McNally Holden Commodore VE + 1 lap
28. Dean Fiore Holden Commodore VE + 2 laps
Driver Make Laps
Russell Ingall Holden Commodore VE 11