Casey Stoner was quickest for his new team Honda on the final day of MotoGP running in 2010, although new champion Jorge Lorenzo's Tuesday lap remained the best of the Valencia test.
Ex-Ducati rider Stoner set a 1m32.066sec lap today, 0.113sec quicker than Lorenzo (Yamaha) managed this morning – although the Spaniard chose to only complete 30 laps compared to Stoner's 63, ending his work at midday.
Lorenzo's new teammate Ben Spies took third as he continued to acclimatize well to the factory Yamaha. Marco Simoncelli was the second-fastest Honda for Gresini in fourth place, despite a fall. Works Honda rider Dani Pedrosa completed the top five.
Valentino Rossi ended up a low-key 15th on his second day as a Ducati rider. The Italian was working on the choice of engine configurations that the team is evaluating for 2011.
Pos Rider Team Time Gap
1. Casey Stoner Honda 1m32.066s
2. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m32.179s + 0.113s
3. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m32.322s + 0.256s
4. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m32.497s + 0.431s
5. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m32.497s + 0.431s
6. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m32.583s + 0.517s
7. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m32.738s + 0.672s
8. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 1m32.836s + 0.770s
9. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m32.912s + 0.846s
10. Hiroshi Aoyama Gresini Honda 1m33.105s + 1.039s
11. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m33.168s + 1.102s
12. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m33.325s + 1.259s
13. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m33.483s + 1.417s
14. Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati 1m33.740s + 1.674s
15. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m33.761s + 1.695s
16. Karel Abraham Cardion AB Ducati 1m33.793s + 1.727s
17. Toni Elias LCR Honda 1m34.800s + 2.734s