Casey Stoner was back on top for Honda as MotoGP winter testing resumed at Sepang.
The reigning champion had been quickest in the previous test at the Malaysian circuit earlier in the month, and swiftly moved to the front today, lapping in 2m01.761s during the morning. Heavy rain then meant little activity in the afternoon, with most teams staying in the pits while standing water cleared.
Honda took a 1-2 at the head of the order, with Dani Pedrosa 0.244sec slower than Stoner. The works Yamahas of Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies were next up, albeit over half a second off the pace. Alvaro Bautista was top satellite rider in fifth on Gresini's Honda.
Ducati slipped back after an encouraging previous test. Nicky Hayden completed 55 laps and went sixth quickest despite his recent shoulder surgery, with Valentino Rossi two places farther down the order.
Colin Edwards was the best of the CRT runners with Forward's Suter-BMW, lapping within 3.749sec of Stoner.
Cardion Ducati rider Karel Abraham withdrew from the test early due to back pain following his heavy accident at Jerez last week.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Casey Stoner Honda 2m01.761s
2. Dani Pedrosa Honda 2m02.005s + 0.244s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 2m02.436s + 0.675s
4. Ben Spies Yamaha 2m02.819s + 1.058s
5. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 2m02.959s + 1.198s
6. Nicky Hayden Ducati 2m03.132s + 1.371s
7. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 2m03.213s + 1.452s
8. Valentino Rossi Ducati 2m03.245s + 1.484s
9. Hector Barbera Pramac Ducati 2m03.612s + 1.851s
10. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 2m03.820s + 2.059s
11. Andrea Dovizioso Tech 3 Yamaha 2m03.830s + 2.069s
12. Colin Edwards Forward Suter-BMW 2m05.510s + 3.749s
13. Franco Battaini Cardion Ducati 2m05.563s + 3.802s
14. Ivan Silva Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 2m08.109s + 6.348s
15. Yonny Hernandez Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 2m08.767s + 7.006s