Casey Stoner emerged fastest in a frenetic end to the warm-up for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
The lead changed hands four times on the last laps of the session, as long-time pacesetter Stoner was deposed by his Ducati team-mate Nicky Hayden, who was then beaten by polesitter Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha), before finally Stoner returned to the front with a 2m04.711s.
Qualifying star Randy de Puniet was fourth for LCR Honda, ahead of works Honda rider Andrea Dovizioso.
The session saw two crashes at Club, the worst involving Interwetten Honda's Hiroshi Aoyama. The 250cc champion had a violent high-side as he accelerated. Aoyama landed heavily and had to be taken from the scene by stretcher.
Dani Pedrosa also crashed at the same location, losing the front end of his Honda on the way into the corner. But despite having had a massive crash at the end of qualifying yesterday, he showed no ill effects and was able to walk away immediately.
Pos Rider Team Time Gap
1. Casey Stoner Ducati 2m04.711s
2. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 2m04.820s + 0.109s
3. Nicky Hayden Ducati 2m05.019s + 0.308s
4. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda 2m05.267s + 0.556s
5. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 2m05.682s + 0.971s
6. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha 2m05.772s + 1.061s
7. Marco Melandri Gresini Honda 2m05.817s + 1.106s
8. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 2m05.873s + 1.162s
9. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 2m06.493s + 1.782s
10. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati 2m06.686s + 1.975s
11. Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati 2m06.815s + 2.104s
12. Dani Pedrosa Honda 2m07.457s + 2.746s
13. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 2m07.801s + 3.090s
14. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 2m08.336s + 3.625s
15. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 2m09.565s + 4.854s
16. Hiroshi Aoyama Interwetten Honda 2m14.475s + 9.764s