Will Stevens topped the final full day of preseason Formula Renault 3.5 testing at Barcelona on Wednesday.
The British driver led title favorites Kevin Magnussen and Antonio Felix da Costa in the afternoon running, as conditions improved after a morning of changeable weather.
Marco Sorensen and Nico Muller made sure the top five was filled with drivers returning for a second FR3.5 season, while Formula Renault Eurocup champion Stoffel Vandoorne was the top rookie in sixth.
McLaren junior driver Vandoorne had led the way in the morning, as he and Fortec teammate Oliver Webb shone when the track was ready for slick tires.
Neither Fortec driver got involved in the rush toward the end of the day on new tires, meaning that they were the only drivers in the top 20 to set their fastest times in the morning.
"I wasn't really looking for performance," said Vandoorne of his afternoon program. "I didn't go out with much downforce this afternoon because I wanted to get familiar with the setup for Monza [for the season opener]."
The teams will get another half day of testing on the eve of the first round, as the first of two sessions at the first two events to make up for the day of running that was lost at Aragon due to snow.
Combined testing times:
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Will Stevens P1 1m29.521s
2. Kevin Magnussen DAMS 1m29.536s + 0.015s
3. Antonio Felix da Costa Arden Caterham 1m29.646s + 0.125s
4. Marco Sorensen Lotus 1m29.916s + 0.395s
5. Nico Muller Draco 1m30.048s + 0.527s
6. Stoffel Vandoorne Fortec 1m30.156s + 0.635s
7. Sergey Sirotkin ISR 1m30.199s + 0.678s
8. Nigel Melker Tech 1 1m30.214s + 0.693s
9. Carlos Huertas Carlin 1m30.231s + 0.710s
10. Oliver Webb Fortec 1m30.249s + 0.728s
11. Jazeman Jaafar Carlin 1m30.351s + 0.830s
12. Arthur Pic AV 1m30.371s + 0.850s
13. Andre Negrao Draco 1m30.468s + 0.947s
14. Marlon Stockinger Lotus 1m30.470s + 0.949s
15. Nikolay Martsenko Pons 1m30.714s + 1.193s
16. Norman Nato DAMS 1m30.748s + 1.227s
17. Zoel Amberg Pons 1m30.951s + 1.430s
18. Mikhail Aleshin Tech 1 1m30.985s + 1.464s
19. Christopher Zanella ISR 1m30.993s + 1.472s
20. Mihai Marinescu Zeta 1m31.154s + 1.633s
21. Matias Laine P1 1m31.166s + 1.645s
22. Daniil Move Comtec 1m31.349s + 1.828s
23. Yann Cunha AV 1m31.407s + 1.886s
24. Pietro Fantin Arden Caterham 1m31.527s + 2.006s
25. Dino Zamparelli Zeta 1m31.569s + 2.048s
26. Lucas Foresti Comtec 1m31.598s + 2.077s