Bruno Spengler took pole position for the final round of the DTM at Hockenheim as BMWs filled the top four positions.
The 2012 champion moved progressively closer to the front during the four sections of qualifying and took the top spot in 1m33.443s during his single-lap run in Q4.
Practice pacesetter Dirk Werner made it an all-Schnitzer Motorsport front row for the first time since the team returned to the DTM in 2012. His lap was 0.303s slower than Spengler's.
Briton Andy Priaulx will start third, the RMG driver taking a career-best qualifying spot. Priaulx's lap was only the fourth quickest in Q4, but he was promoted a spot when Timo Glock's time was deleted for the German failing to keep all four wheels on the track at Turn 1. Fourth still marked a career-best start for the MTEK driver.
Miguel Molina continued the excellent qualifying form he's shown in the second half of the season. The Phoenix Audi driver made Q3 for the fourth weekend in a row and will start a spot ahead of his Zandvoort polesitter Marco Wittmann.
Mattias Ekstrom, Adrien Tambay, new champion Mike Rockenfeller and Augusto Farfus completed the top 10 while Martin Tomczyk was knocked back to 11th – and out of the Q3 reckoning, thanks to a stunning late effort from team-mate Priaulx at the end of Q2. Tomczyk will start two places ahead of Robert Wickens, who recovered from his practice off to start 13th and best of the Mercedes drivers.
A final-minute flyer from Pascal Wehrlein was enough to eliminate RSC Mucke team-mate Daniel Juncadella from contention in Q1.
The Spaniard, who starts 17th, had just a minute earlier knocked Jamie Green's Abt Audi out of contention. Christian Vietoris, third in the championship, will start behind him in 20th.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap
1. Bruno Spengler Schnitzer BMW 1m33.443s
2. Dirk Werner Schnitzer BMW 1m33.746s +0.085s
3. Andy Priaulx RMG BMW 1m34.081s +0.431s
4. Timo Glock MTEK BMW
5. Miguel Molina Audi 1m33.572s Q3
6. Marco Wittmann MTEK BMW 1m33.575s Q3
7. Mattias Ekstrom Abt Audi 1m33.706s Q3
8. Adrien Tambay Abt Audi 1m33.717s Q3
9. Mike Rockenfeller Phoenix Audi 1m33.748s Q3
10. Augusto Farfus RBM BMW 1m34.247s Q3
11. Martin Tomczyk RMG BMW 1m33.594s Q2
12. Timo Scheider Abt Audi 1m33.600s Q2
13. Robert Wickens HWA Mercedes 1m33.719s Q2
14. Filipe Albuquerque Rosberg Audi 1m33.784s Q2
15. Pascal Wehrlein Mucke Mercedes 1m33.839s Q2
16. Gary Paffett HWA Mercedes 1m33.899s Q2
17. Dani Juncadella Mucke Mercedes 1m33.963s Q1
18. Edoardo Mortara Rosberg Audi 1m34.097s Q1
19. Jamie Green Abt Audi 1m34.162s Q1
20. Christian Vietoris HWA Mercedes 1m34.170s Q1
21. Roberto Merhi HWA Mercedes 1m34.308s Q1
22. Joey Hand RBM BMW 1m34.389s Q1