Lotus driver Marco Sorensen took his second Formula Renault 3.5 pole position of the weekend at Spielberg on Sunday.
The Dane, who won race one comfortably on Saturday, snatched the top spot from Tech 1's Nigel Melker at the end of the session.
Race one runner-up Melker held on to his front row spot despite having his best lap taken away for speeding in the pitlane.
The front of the grid continues to follow Saturday's race result at the start of the second row, as Kevin Magnussen will line up third for DAMS just behind his two fellow podium finishers from race one.
The championship leader will be joined on row two by his main title rival Stoffel Vandoorne, while Will Stevens - who is on the verge of overtaking Antonio Felix da Costa for third in the points, completes the top five.
Da Costa salvaged eighth as his difficult weekend on Red Bull's home circuit continued.
The Portuguese racer came to a halt before the end of the pitlane when the session started, and then spent the rest of the session trying to get near the pace of the front-runners before having to settle for a berth on the fourth row with a late effort.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Marco Sorensen Lotus 1m16.233s
2. Nigel Melker Tech 1 1m16.332s +0.099s
3. Kevin Magnussen DAMS 1m16.354s +0.121s
4. Stoffel Vandoorne Fortec 1m16.458s +0.225s
5. Will Stevens P1/Strakka 1m16.615s +0.382s
6. Norman Nato DAMS 1m16.636s +0.403s
7. Arthur Pic AV 1m16.725s +0.492s
8. Antonio Felix da Costa Arden Caterham 1m16.776s +0.543s
9. Will Buller Zeta 1m16.819s +0.586s
10. Sergey Sirotkin ISR 1m16.832s +0.599s
11. Carlos Huertas Carlin 1m16.854s +0.621s
12. Marlon Stockinger Lotus 1m16.917s +0.684s
13. Jazeman Jaafar Carlin 1m16.979s +0.746s
14. Andre Negrao Draco 1m17.031s +0.798s
15. Nico Muller Draco 1m17.060s +0.827s
16. Yann Cunha AV 1m17.068s +0.835s
17. Christopher Zanella ISR 1m17.086s +0.853s
18. Nikolay Martsenko Pons 1m17.094s +0.861s
19. Mikhail Aleshin Tech 1 1m17.105s +0.872s
20. Oliver Webb Fortec 1m17.243s +1.010s
21. Lucas Foresti Comtec 1m17.253s +1.020s
22. Daniil Move Comtec 1m17.264s +1.031s
23. Zoel Amberg Pons 1m17.301s +1.068s
24. Pietro Fantin Arden Caterham 1m17.403s +1.170s
25. Matias Laine P1/Strakka 1m17.649s +1.416s
26. Riccardo Agostini Zeta 1m18.373s +2.140s