Petter Solberg has lost the lead of Rally Japan to Jari-Matti Latvala after incurring a jump-start penalty on the final stage of this morning's loop.
The Solberg Citroen driver had managed to maintain his lead despite running first on the road today, but the application of the 10-second penalty has now put him down to third.
Ford's Latvala therefore leads by just 1.6sec over Citroen driver Sebastien Ogier, with fourth-placed Mikko Hirvonen also within 5.7sec of the lead in the second Ford.
Pos Driver Car Time/Gap
1. Jari-Matti Latvala Ford 1h50m13.1s
2. Sebastien Ogier Citroen + 1.6s
3. Petter Solberg Citroen + 4.1s
4. Mikko Hirvonen Ford + 5.7s
5. Dani Sordo Citroen + 14.2s
6. Sebastien Loeb Citroen + 34.3s
7. Henning Solberg Ford + 1m29.1s
8. Kimi Raikkonen Citroen + 5m22.3s
9. Federico Villagra Ford + 5m30.1s
10. Jari Ketomaa Ford + 8m26.6s