After another session in the heat of Road Atlanta, 16-year-old Sebastian Ordonez earned his third California Scents Pole of the season for Round 10 of 16 of the BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda. The qualifying session was relatively uneventful, with drivers watching their pace to find drafting partners in hopes of gaining the fastest time. Points leader Scott Anderson will be starting in second. MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development drivers Trent Hindman and Danilo Estrela will be starting third and fifth, respectively, with Thomas McGregor in the middle in fourth.
The field goes green for Round 9 this afternoon, Friday, July 22. Round 10 will take place Saturday morning, July 23.
UNOFFICIAL Starting Positions for Round 10
Road Atlanta, 2.54-mile, 12-turn road course
Name, Age, Hometown
1. (1:34.495) Sebastian Ordonez, 16, Deerfield Beach, FL
2. (1:34.995) Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
3. (1:35.400) Trent Hindman, 15, Wayside, NJ
4. (1:35.438) Thomas McGregor, 19, Saskastoon, Canada
5. (1:35.914) Danilo Estrela, 17, Goiania, Brazil
6. (1:36.059) Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
7. (1:36.207) Brandon Newey, 18, Carmel, IN
8. (1:36.453) Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN