Rain poured on Lime Rock Park all morning, but the skies cleared just in time for Round 6 of the BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda.
MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver and Skip Barber Racing School Karting Scholarship Shootout winner Trent Hindman started from the California Scents Pole position and within just a few laps, created a sizable gap.
Shelby Blackstock proved to be strong competition early on in the event, but Hindman maintained his lead and ultimately won by a 16.075-second margin. Scott Anderson was able to escape the rest of the field as well as the other drivers battled over position. Anderson held second position by 9.739sec. Brandon Newey raced strong and consistent on the damp track and finished third, making his fourth podium this season.
Full race report with official results, photos and points to follow after the conclusion of the race weekend.
UNOFFICIAL Results for Round 6 of 16 at Lime Rock Park
2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda
1. (1) Trent Hindman, 15, Wayside, NJ
2. (7) Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
3. (3) Brandon Newey, 18, Indianapolis, IN
4. (10) Thomas McGregor, 19, Saskatoon, Canada
5. (9) Scott Heckert, 17, Ridgefield, CT
6. (8) Devin Jones, 16, Mooresville, NC
7. (6) Peter Ludwig, New Patlz, NY
8. (2) Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
9. (4) Danilo Estrela, 17, Goiania, Brazil
10. (5) Sebastian Ordonez, 16, Deerfield Beach, FL
Fastest Lap: Scott Anderson (1:02.962/86.910 mph)
Track Conditions: Overcast, rainy and wet.