After starting second in Round 5 of the BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda, sophomore racer Scott Anderson picked up his second win of the season this morning at Lime Rock Park.
Anderson stayed in the top three during the entirety of the race, battling for top position with Shelby Blackstock and MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Trent Hindman, who traded the lead several times throughout the event. Blackstock crossed the finished line just 0.022 seconds behindAnderson, who took the lead right before the checkered flag flew.
In their first Skip Barber National races of the season, Scott Heckert and Peter Ludwig had successful races, remaining with the pack and providing strong competition. Heckert finished fourth and Ludwig finished seventh.
Other MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Danilo Estrela and Thomas McGregor had contact near the halfway point, forcing Estrela to retire. Devin Jones worked his way up to fifth position before a brief off course excursion inWest Bendfollowed by a possible mechanical issue and also retired with two laps to go.
Hindman (47), Anderson (22), Heckert (59), Jones (53), Newey (57)
(Photo: Kelly Brouillet, Courtesy of Skip Barber Racing School)
Full race report to follow after the conclusion of the race weekend.
UNOFFICIAL Results for Round 5 of 16 at Lime Rock Park
2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda
1. (2) Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
2. (4) Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
3. (1) Trent Hindman, 15, Wayside, NJ
4. (3) Scott Heckert, 17, Ridgefield, CT
5. (5) Brandon Newey, 18, Indianapolis, IN
6. (7) Sebastian Ordonez, 16, Deerfield Beach, FL
7. (9) Peter Ludwig, New Patlz, NY
8. (10) Thomas McGregor, 19, Saskastoon, Canada
9. (6) Devin Jones, 16, Mooresville, NC
10. (8) Danilo Estrela, 17, Goiania, Brazil
Fastest Lap: Danilo Estrela (56.798/96.341)
Track Conditions: Overcast, dry, warm