Skip Barber Cup driver (a class for 25 or older) Gerardo Bonilla made a "celebrity" appearance for Round 15 of the 2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda at Lime Rock Park. Starting from seventh position, Bonilla methodically worked his way up the field to claim the lead in the final laps and ultimately take the win.
MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Danilo Estrela started third and dominated most of the race. Sebastian Ordonez also stayed close, trading positions with Estrela for the majority of the race. Estrelea and Ordeonez finished third and fourth, unofficially. The second-place finish was a season best for Estrela and was Ordonez's sixth podium.
UNOFFICIAL Results for Round 15 of 16, Lime Rock Park
Starting Position in parenthesis
Name, Age, Hometown
1. Gerardo Bonilla, 36, Orlando, FL
2. (+0.986) Danilo Estrela, 18, Goiania, Brazil
3. (1.299) Sebastian Ordonez, 16, Deerfield Beach, FL
4. (6.130) Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
5. (15.574) Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
6. (24.133) Brandon Newey, 18, Carmel, IN
7. (33.663) Peter Ludwig,
8. (37.783) Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
9. (3 Laps) Trent Hindman, 16, Wayside, NJ