Julian Simon, Shoya Tomizawa and Yuki Takahashi were credited with a joint fastest time at the end of the first three days of Moto2 testing at Catalunya.
With unofficial timing only going down to tenths of a second, 125cc champion Simon (Aspar) and ex-MotoGP rider Takahashi (Tech 3) both set 1m49.3sec laps to top today's session – equaling Tomizawa's time from Thursday.
Forward Racing's Jules Cluzel shared fourth place with former Kawasaki MotoGP man Anthony West (MZ), with Yonny Hernandez sixth on combined times for Blusens STX, despite falling in the damp early running today.
Two riders were injured during the inaugural Moto2 group test. Roby Rolfo dislocated his shoulder in a crash yesterday, but remained ninth overall in combined times, while Alex Debon was found to have broken his collarbone in his Thursday accident. The Spaniard has had surgery and hopes to be fit for the next test on March 1-3.
That three-day session at Valencia will mark the start of concerted preparations for Moto2's first season, as it will be the first time that the full field has been present, and the definitive Honda Moto2 engines will be available to teams for the first time.
Pos Rider Team Time
1. Julian Simon Mapfre Aspar Team 1m49.3s
2. Shoya Tomizawa Technomag-CIP 1m49.3s
3. Yuki Takahashi Tech 3 Racing 1m49.3s
4. Jules Cluzel Forward Racing 1m49.4s
5. Anthony West MZ 1m49.4s
6. Yonny Hernandez Blusens STX 1m49.6s
7. Kenny Noyes Jack&Jones by A Banderas 1m49.9s
8. Mike di Meglio Mapfre Aspar Team 1m50.0s
9. Roberto Rolfo Italtrans STR 1m50.0s
10. Claudio Corti Forward Racing 1m50.1s
11. Stefan Bradl Viessmann Kiefer Racing 1m50.3s
12. Alex Baldolini Caretta Technology 1m50.3s
13. Raffaele de Rosa Tech 3 Racing 1m50.5s
14. Sergio Gadea Pons Racing 1m50.5s
15. Fonsi Nieto G22 HolidayGym 1m50.7s
16. Axel Pons Pons Racing 1m50.7s
17. Dominique Aegerter Technomag-CIP 1m50.7s
18. Thomas Luthi Interwetten Moriwaki Racing 1m50.8s
19. Scott Redding Marc VDS Racing Team 1m51.1s
20. Mashel Al Naimi Blusens STX 1m51.2s
21. Robertino Pietri Italtrans STR 1m51.7s
22. Joan Olive Jack&Jones by A Banderas 1m51.9s
23. Vladimir Leonov Vector Kiefer Racing 1m52.3s
24. Karel Abraham Cardion AB Motoracing 1m52.8s
25. Vincent Lonbois Marc VDS Racing Team 1m52.8s
26. Yannick Guerra G22 HolidayGym 1m53.2s