TOPEKA, Kan. (June 30, 2006) – The Runoffs® Road Trip Challenge is on.
Sports Car Club of America has developed a program to create a little friendly rivalry between SCCA regions through participation in the 2006 National Championship Runoffs event, Oct. 9-15.
The region with the most participation on a driver and volunteer level at this year’s Runoffs will receive:
- Free Sanction Fee for its first National Race of 2007
- Free National membership dues for all participating region drivers and volunteers in 2007 (still subject to regional dues and licensing fees)
- A commemorative trophy for the region
- A commemorative item for each attendee
Current standings of the RRTC will be updated weekly through the Runoffs home page at SCCA.com. The final winner will be determined during the week of the Runoffs after all participants have registered. The award will be presented during the Yokohama Advan Volunteer of the Year party on Saturday evening.
The following stipulations apply:
- Kansas and Kansas City Regions (host regions) are not eligible
- All participating drivers will count in the total
- All participating volunteers will count in the total
- Crew members and guests do not count toward the total
- Members who change Regions between now and the event will not count toward any total.
All eligible regions are automatically entered in the contest, so there is no need to register. Just encourage your member participation in the 2006 event!
Link to story: http://www.scca.com/News/News.asp?Ref=608