Yamaha's Valentino Rossi has claimed top spot in this morning's warm-up at Misano, with the Italian crowd favourite making it a flawless San Marino event so far.
The reigning champion, who has also led every other session of the weekend, was the only rider to lap under the 1m35s mark in the 20-minute session, thanks to a final lap of 1m34.894s.
That late effort pushed Dani Pedrosa down to second, after the Honda rider had just shot to the top with a 1m35.222s lap that looked able to ruin Rossi's stranglehold on the event.
Pedrosa's team-mate Andrea Dovizioso set the third quickest time, almost six tenths behind Rossi, while Tech 3 Yamaha's Colin Edwards ended up fourth fastest and Ducati's Nicky Hayden fifth.
Jorge Lorenzo, who will start the race third, never looked in contention in this morning's session and could do no better than sixth fastest, 0.745s behind team-mate Rossi.
Randy de Puniet (LCR Honda) and Toni Elias (Gresini Honda), who both led the times in the early stages, set the seventh and eighth time respectively, followed by Mika Kallio (Ducati) and Marco Melandri (Hayate Kawasaki) completing the top ten.
Pos Rider Team Time Laps
1. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m34.894s 12
2. Daniel Pedrosa Honda 1m35.222s + 0.328s 12
3. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m35.487s + 0.593s 12
4. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m35.580s + 0.686s 10
5. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m35.608s + 0.714s 12
6. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m35.639s + 0.745s 12
7. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda 1m35.913s + 1.019s 12
8. Toni Elias Gresini Honda 1m36.115s + 1.221s 13
9. Mika Kallio Ducati 1m36.328s + 1.434s 10
10. Marco Melandri Hayate Kawasaki 1m36.510s + 1.616s 12
11. Alex de Angelis Gresini Honda 1m36.608s + 1.714s 11
12. Chris Vermeulen Suzuki 1m36.611s + 1.717s 12
13. Niccolo Canepa Pramac Ducati 1m36.796s + 1.902s 12
14. James Toseland Tech 3 Yamaha 1m36.840s + 1.946s 12
15. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 1m36.858s + 1.964s 9
16. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati 1m37.304s + 2.410s 10
17. Gabor Talmacsi Scot Honda 1m37.371s + 2.477s 12