Nico Rosberg says he is happy for his robust defensive driving tactics in the Bahrain Grand Prix to be discussed this weekend to help clarify what is considered acceptable on-track behavior.
The Mercedes driver came under fire after aggressively blocking Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton during the Bahrain GP. The subject is expected to be a major topic of discussion between drivers and officials this weekend, and Rosberg told reporters in the Barcelona paddock on Thursday that he had no problem with that.
"Two of the drivers raised their concerns about it, so we need to discuss it," he said. "If there was a danger which I didn't cause on purpose then we need to implement rules so that it doesn't arise again.
"It is driver safety and we need to do the best we can so that we can move forward. We could look at implementing more rules in that situation because it is not very clear, but it can be looked at. Rules such as a car width [when a driver is moving back towards the racing line after making a block] is very good because we need that clear situation to penalize drivers when there is a need to."
The German added that if he was put in the same situation again he would not behave any differently. But he did concede that asphalt run-off around the Sakhir circuit played a part in his actions.
"Of course, if there had been the barriers at Monaco it would have been a different story, yes," he said. "Then again the guys behind would have backed off a lot earlier.
"In that situation I judged it to be harsh but fair – so it was harsh but within the rules. And I didn't judge that I was putting my competitors in danger."