Daniel Ricciardo repeated his Motorland test form by topping the opening morning of this season's second Formula Renault 3.5 collective test at Barcelona.
The Australian decisively dealt with wet conditions, before dwindling visibility and a flooded track brought the session to a premature close. The ISR driver's time of 1m54.303sec was full 1.2sec ahead of Gravity-Charouz's Brendon Hartley in second.
Spaniard Albert Costa ended the morning in third for Epsilon Euskadi, just 0.013sec adrift of the Kiwi. Former Le Mans Series champion Jan Charouz was an early pacesetter, ahead of P1 Motorsport teammates Walter Grubmuller and Daniil Move.
Czech Charouz would slip to an eventual fourth, while Carlin's Robert Wickens and rookie Miki Monras bumped P1's pair to seventh and eighth.
Monras is fully committed to a debut campaign in this year's Formula 2 championship, but sampled Pons Racing's machine to gain experience.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. Daniel Ricciardo ISR 1m54.303s 22
2. Brendon Hartley Gravity-Charouz 1m55.499s + 1.196s 15
3. Albert Costa Epsilon-Euskadi 1m55.512s + 1.209s 24
4. Jan Charouz Gravity-Charouz 1m55.663s + 1.360s 15
5. Robert Wickens Carlin 1m55.887s + 1.584s 16
6. Miki Monras Pons 1m55.958s + 1.655s 26
7. Walter Grubmuller P1 1m56.026s + 1.723s 25
8. Daniil Move P1 1m56.034s + 1.731s 26
9. Jake Rosenzweig Mofaz 1m56.073s + 1.770s 21
10. Arthur Pic Tech 1 1m56.137s + 1.834s 21
11. Alexander Rossi Fortec 1m56.545s + 2.242s 21
12. Cesar Ramos Fortec 1m56.730s + 2.427s 12
13. Jean-Eric Vergne Carlin 1m56.802s + 2.499s 25
14. Daniel de Jong Comtec 1m57.084s + 2.781s 18
15. Anton Nebylitskiy KMP 1m57.216s + 2.913s 23
16. Nelson Panciatici KMP 1m57.368s + 3.065s 15
17. Daniel McKenzie Comtec 1m57.516s + 3.213s 24
18. Oliver Webb Pons 1m57.539s + 3.236s 23
19. Andre Negrao Draco 1m57.803s + 3.500s 24
20. Stephane Richelmi Draco 1m58.624s + 4.321s 19
21. Daniel Zampieri BVM Target 1m59.308s + 5.005s 20
22. Sergio Canamasas BVM Target 2m02.467s + 8.164s 21
23. Kevin Korjus Tech 1 2m02.497s + 8.194s 22
24. Nathanael Berthon ISR 2m02.654s + 8.351s 9