British Formula 3 championship leader Daniel Ricciardo underlined his early-season superiority by setting fastest time during official testing at Silverstone today.
The Australian lapped the damp Silverstone GP circuit in 2m01.953s in his Carlin Motorsport Dallara Volkswagen during this afternoon's fourth and final session, almost 0.3 seconds faster than Fortec rival Riki Chbristodoulou's Dallara Mercedes.
Brazilian Adriano Buzaid (Dallara Volkswagen) cheered up T-Sport, after a difficult opening round at Oulton Park last weekend, by returning the squad to the sharp end of the timesheet with third fastest time, while team-mate Wayne Boyd was sixth behind Max Chilton and Nick Tandy.
On-going problems with his West-Tec-prepared Mygale Mugen-Honda prevented Jay Bridger from running, while National Class championship leader Daniel McKenzie didn't test either due to food poisoning.
Pos Driver Team Car Time
1. Daniel Ricciardo Carlin D/V 2m01.953s
2. Riki Christodoulou Fortec D/M 2m02.243s
3. Adriano Buzaid T-Sport D/V 2m02.841s
4. Max Chilton Carlin D/V 2m03.189s
5. Nick Tandy JTR M/M 2m03.513s
6. Wayne Boyd T-Sport D/V 2m03.964s
7. Henry Arundel Carlin D/V 2m04.273s
8. Oliver Oakes Carlin D/V 2m05.081s
9. Stephane Richelmi Barazi Epsilon D/M 2m05.618s
10. Victor Garcia Fortec D/M 2m05.700s
11. Hywel Lloyd CF D/H 2m06.124s
12. Carlos Huertas Double R D/M 2m06.577s
13. Walter Grubmuller Hitech D/M 2m07.416s
14. Max Snegirev West-Tec D/H 2m07.689s
15. Daisuke Nakajima Double R D/M 2m07.989s
16. Gabriel Dias T-Sport D/H 2m08.969s
17. Victor Correa Litespeed S/H 2m11.032s