Championship leader Daniel Ricciardo set the fastest time during official British Formula 3 testing at Brands Hatch this week.
The Red Bull-backed Australian lapped the Grand Prix loop in a 1m18.124s best on his 27th tour in the first session and the Carlin driver remained unbeaten for the rest of the day. Title rival Walter Grubmuller went second fastest for his family-owned Hitech Racing outfit, 0.186sec shy of Ricciardo.
Brazilian Adriano Buzaid set the third quickest time for T-Sport. He was fastest of all through the second sector, bu his best lap was just under four tenths adrift of the pace and came in a later session.
Snetterton winners Renger van der Zande (Hitech) and Riki Christodoulou (Fortec) went fourth and sixth quickest respectively, sandwiching Ricciardo's Carlin teammate Henry Arundel.
Formula 2 racer Tom Gladdis and Formula Master driver Kelvin Snoeks both completed the test to learn the circuit ahead of their respective series visiting Brands next weekend.TIMES:
Pos Driver Team Car Time
1. Daniel Ricciardo Carlin D/V 1m18.124s
2. Walter Grubmuller Hitech D/M 1m18.310s
3. Adriano Buzaid T-Sport D/V 1m18.501s
4. Renger van der Zande Hitech D/M 1m18.682s
5. Henry Arundel Carlin D/V 1m18.816s
6. Riki Christodoulou Fortec D/M 1m18.834s
7. Max Chilton Carlin D/V 1m18.865s
8. Wayne Boyd T-Sport D/V 1m18.913s
9. Gabriel Dias T-Sport D/H 1m19.763s
10. Carlos Huertas Double R D/M 1m19.804s
11. Daniel McKenzie Fortec D/H 1m19.823s
12. Daisuke Nakajima Double R D/M 1m20.004s
13. Jay Bridger Litespeed M/H 1m20.039s
14. Victor Garcia Fortec D/M 1m20.330s
15. Philip Major Carlin D/V 1m20.438s
16. Stephane Richelmi Barazi Epsilon D/M 1m21.430s
17. Hywel Lloyd CF D/H 1m21.671s
18. Kelvin Snoeks JTR M/M 1m21.828s
19. Victor Correa Litespeed S/H 1m22.302s
20. Max Snegirev West-Tec D/H 1m22.332s
21. Tom Gladdis West-Tec D/H 1m23.188s
22. Aaron Steele Litespeed S/H 1m23.583s