Three grid penalties mean slight changes to the Canadian Grand Prix starting order after qualifying.
Both Kimi Raikkonen and Daniel Ricciardo were given two-place penalties for not lining up in the designated fast lane at the pit exit in the rush to get out after the Q2 red flag. Raikkonen loses just one place because his penalty was applied before Ricciardo's. He will start from 10th, with the Australian in 11th.
The race stewards punished Raikkonen and Ricciardo because they had gained positions by electing to start from the left side of the pit exit.
Raikkonen left the pits in second place, having arrived there as the fourth car. Ricciardo left the pits in fourth place, having arrived in sixth.
The stewards did not punish Raikkonen for his Q3 infringement as they felt he had been unduly delayed by the slow-starting Mark Webber.
Sergio Perez, Jean-Eric Vergne and Pastor Maldonado were also investigated for the same offense as Ricciardo and Raikkonen, but the stewards decided they did not merit a punishment.
The other penalty also affects a Lotus, with Romain Grosjean carrying the 10-place drop earned for crashing into Ricciardo in Monaco. He had only qualified 19th anyway so will fall to last.
Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton start from the front row, while Valtteri Bottas made the most of the wet conditions to take an incredible third for Williams.
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
3. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Renault
4. Nico Rosberg Mercedes
5. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault
6. Fernando Alonso Ferrari
7. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari
8. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes
9. Nico Hulkenberg Sauber-Ferrari
10. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault
11. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari
12. Sergio Perez McLaren-Mercedes
13. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault
14. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
15. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari
16. Felipe Massa Ferrari
17. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes
18. Charles Pic Caterham-Renault
19. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Cosworth
20. Max Chilton Marussia-Cosworth
21. Giedo van der Garde Caterham-Renault
22. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault