Renault has said it accepts the FIA's decision to hand it a two-year suspended ban from Formula 1, after apologizing unreservedly for fixing the result of last year's Singapore Grand Prix.
The French car manufacturer informed the FIA last week that it would not contest the charges that Flavio Briatore, Pat Symonds and Nelson Piquet had conspired to cause a deliberate crash in Singapore last year to help Fernando Alonso win.
Renault F1 team president Bernard Rey spoke to the media outside the FIA's Place de la Concorde headquarters shortly after Monday's World Motor Sport Council hearing, expressing his regret at the events.
"We are very sad to find ourselves in front of the Word Motor Sport Council today," he said. "By way of background, as a result of our own enquiries, we informed the FIA last week that we would not defend the charges and we accepted our responsibilities in relation to the incident in Singapore and we immediately took appropriate action inside the team.
"Today, we fully accept the decision of the Council. We apologize unreservedly to the F1 community in relation to this unacceptable behavior. We sincerely hope that we can soon put this matter behind us and focus constructively on the future. We will issue further information in the next few days."