Facu Regalia scored a lights-to-flag victory to record his first win in the GP3 Series at the Nurburgring.
The Argentinian rocketed away from pole position and pulled out a 2.5-second lead by the time that the safety car was required to recover Daniil Kvyat's stranded car. At the restart, Regalia once again left his rivals trailing, winning by over 7sec for ART.
Tio Ellinas maintained his points lead with second place, although he had to watch Jack Harvey closely throughout in his Manor machine's mirrors.
Regalia, the series' seventh race winner from seven races, now moves up to second in the championship behind Ellinas. Lewis Williamson finished fourth for Bamboo, ahead of Carlin's Nick Yelloly.
Carlos Sainz and Melville McKee were next up, as comeback man Alexander Sims finished eighth to earn reversed-grid pole position for Sunday's race. He was promoted to that position after Kevin Korjus and Alex Fontana clashed on the opening lap. Third-placed Fontana spun, while Korjus was given a drive-through penalty for his troubles.
Results - 15 laps:
Pos Driver Team Time/Gap
1. Facu Regalia ART 28m27.022s
2. Tio Ellinas Manor + 7.160s
3. Jack Harvey ART + 7.658s
4. Lewis Williamson Bamboo + 11.851s
5. Nick Yelloly Carlin + 12.586s
6. Carlos Sainz Jr MW Arden + 16.503s
7. Melville McKee Bamboo + 17.495s
8. Alexander Sims Status + 18.449s
9. Dino Zamparelli Manor + 19.481s
10. Conor Daly ART + 19.886s
11. Robert Visoiu MW Arden + 21.799s
12. Patric Niederhauser Jenzer + 22.381s
13. Patrick Kujala Koiranen + 28.568s
14. Aaro Vainio Koiranen + 31.250s
15. Emanuele Zonzini Trident + 31.919s
16. Giovanni Venturini Trident + 33.262s
17. David Fumanelli Trident + 33.630s
18. Samin Gomez Jenzer + 35.102s
19. Ryan Cullen Manor + 36.914s
20. Kevin Korjus Koiranen + 43.885s
Driver Team Laps
Carmen Jorda Bamboo 10
Alex Fontana Jenzer 2
Josh Webster Status 1
Jimmy Eriksson Status 1
Daniil Kvyat MW Arden 0
Eric Lichtenstein Carlin 0
Luis Sa Silva Carlin 0