Red Bull Racing will stick with its F-duct for the remainder of the European Grand Prix weekend, following positive results from testing on Friday.
The team had brought an updated version of its blown wing design to Valencia, having felt the first concept that was tested in Turkey practice did not do what it had hoped for. With Red Bull locked in an increasingly tight battle for the World Championship, it pushed hard to ensure its F-duct system was improved for its return in Valencia, and those efforts appear to have paid off.
The data produced by the F-duct during Friday practice was positive and both Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel will continue using it for qualifying and the race in Valencia.
Earlier in the weekend both men said they would welcome the straight-line speed boost and the ability to use more downforce than having the F-duct allows.
Vettel said: "We all know what advantage you get and, if someone offers you half a second, you would we stupid to say no."