Daniel Ricciardo reckons it will be business as usual for the rest of his Formula 1 season at Toro Rosso once the excitement over his 2014 Red Bull deal blows over.
Asked if it would be difficult to concentrate on the rest of his Toro Rosso campaign now he faced the prospect of a championship-worthy car for 2014, Ricciardo denied his focus would be affected.
"It is a bit of a relief, there is now no more speculation or dodging questions," he said. "Everyone knows it is happening, including me. It is something to look forward to.
"I'm very pleased with the news, but I have eight more races this year and I'm looking forward to giving Toro Rosso a nice farewell and putting all my energy into that. This weekend may be hectic because the news is fresh but then it should settle down and get back to normal."
Despite Ricciardo's rival for the seat Kimi Raikkonen revealing before last month's Belgian Grand Prix that Red Bull had ended talks with him, Ricciardo said he was not certain he had the drive until the Wednesday after Spa.
"In Spa I still didn't know, and that was the truth," he said. "I found out the Wednesday of the following week, a few days before the announcement took place."