Vitaphone Maserati driver Alex Muller has qualified on pole position for this weekend's Spa 24 Hours.
The German driver set a time of 2m18.030s in the early stages of the first of three qualifying sessions this evening. A rainstorm then hit the Belgian circuit, preventing any improvements for the rest of the night.
Behind the #2 Maserati, which Muller will share with Miguel Ramos, Pedro Lamy and Eric Van de Poele, are the other two Vitaphone Maserati MC12s. Alessandro Pier Guidi qualified second in the #33 car, while Andre Bertolini completed a one-two-three.
Muller believes the team is well prepared for Saturday's 24 Hours.
"It's started well. I think we are all very happy in the team with a one-two-three," he said. "I think we are in good shape for the race."
Bas Leinders was fastest of the new-specification GT1s, setting a 2m21.881s lap in the Marc VDS Ford GT for sixth overall, while ex-single-seater ace Gianmaria Bruni put the #50 AF Corse Ferrari on the GT2 pole with 2m25.232s.
Thomas Mutsch was quickest in the G3 class for GT3 cars with the leading Matech Ford GT entry, and Marcel Fassler dominated the G2 class with the Phoenix Racing Audi R8 LMS.
Pos Cl Drivers Car Time
1. GT1 Ramos/Muller/Lamy/Van De Poele Maserati 2m18.030s
2. GT1 Guidi/Lemeret/Rosenblad/Vosse Maserati 2m18.591s
3. GT1 Bartels/Bertolini/Sarrazin/Negrao Maserati 2m19.222s
4. GT1 Bernoldi/Streit/Maassen Corvette 2m19.530s
5. GT1 Longin/Ruffier/Soulet/Gavin Corvette 2m19.670s
6. GT1 Leinders/Kuppens/Doncker Ford 2m21.881s
7. GT1 Hezemans/Kumpen/Menten/Mollekens Corvette 2m22.640s
8. GT1 Krumm/Turner/Davidson Nissan 2m24.109s
9. GT2 Vilander/Bruni/Melo/Companc Ferrari 2m25.232s
10. GT2 Niarchos/Mullen/Quaife/Goodwin Ferrari 2m26.349s
11. G3 Mutsch/Martin/Wyss/Hennerici Ford 2m26.364s
12. GT2 Ashburn/Sugden/Ortelli/Bergmeister Porsche 2m26.471s
13. GT2 Malucelli/Ruberti/Heyer/Romanini Ferrari 2m26.584s
14. GT2 Barba Lopez/Cadei/Russo/Kaffer Ferrari 2m27.245s
15. GT2 Narac/Pilet/Long Porsche 2m28.038s
16. GT2 Collard/Westbrook/O'Young/Edwards Porsche 2m28.133s
17. G2 Fassler/Moser/Margaritis/Basseng Audi 2m28.327s
18. GT2 Lucchini/Ragginger/Holzer/Miller Porsche 2m29.320s
19. G3 Renard/Wauters/Van Hooydonck/Schroyen Aston 2m30.014s
20. G3 Kelders/Greisch/Desbrueres/Helary Porsche 2m30.458s
21. GT2 Kirkaldy/Bell/Kox/Garcia Ferrari 2m30.593s
22. G3 Lefort/Verbist/Forbes Porsche 2m30.648s
23. G3 Brandela/Prignaud/Lesoudier/Corbel BMW 2m31.472s
24. G2 Radermeker/Ho-pin/De Sordi/Villeneuve Mosler 2m31.601s
25. G3 Haring/Konstantinou/Durr/Bourdeaux Porsche 2m31.693s
26. G3 Mattheis/Negrao/Oliveira Jr/Lunardi Ford 2m31.796s
27. GT2 Basso/Kuteman/Hartshorne/Daoudi Ferrari 2m32.294s
28. GT2 V S'teren/Coronel/Hommerson/Machiels Porsche 2m36.050s
29. G2 Lichtner-hoyer/Eckert/Rich/Sharp Porsche 2m39.943s
30. G3 Cullen/Shovlin/Patterson/Ludwig Ferrari 2m39.981s
31. G3 Brouard/Havette/Noziere/Kerkhove Porsche 2m41.463s
32. GT1 Dierick/Van Damm/VD Zwaan/VD Zwaan Saleen 2m41.902s
33. G2 Kenis/D'maecker/Smets/Schuybroeck Mosler 2m52.360s